JOB: NYC: Sr Information Architect, boutique design/UX agency, UX-recruiter (JWG)
11 Aug 2008 - 12:42am
6 years ago
Hello IxDAers, hope you all had good respective weekends. Got a new one for
ya..and this is at one of my very favorite clients. Great vibe in the
office, close-knit cozy family-like environment, no attitude, and smart
folks who believe in excellence in all that they do.
A boutique, premiere interactive strategy, design, and development agency
with particular capabilities in e-commerce, transactional websites,
large-scale site builds seeks a Mid/Sr Information Architect to join their
team immediately and help grow their team + capabilities. Clients include
high-profile names in the consumer packaged goods, financial, educational,
nonprofit, travel, retail worlds and beyond.
The Job Description:
We are looking for a Mid/Sr Information Architect spearhead the research,
structure and usability of our projects. The perfect candidate will ensure
a quality user experience that forms a customer's impression of our clients'
offerings, differentiates our clients from their competitors, and compels
visitors to come back.
* Discovering and prioritizing client business requirements and
* Leading planning meetings, workshops, and analysis sessions.
* Documenting discovered requirements and functional needs using
* Generating planning deliverables, which will primarily include
wireframes, but will also include sitemaps, content inventories, workflow
diagrams, use cases, personas, and competitive analyses.
* Collaborating with clients, project managers, and developers to
ensure that deliverables are on-target, sufficiently explanatory, and
* 5-10 years of experience architecting a range of projects from large
scale transactional and social networking sites to modest marketing sites.
* Proficiency in Visio.
* Understanding of UI patterns, and research-based best practices.
* Ability to discuss and suggest alternative UI solutions to problems
and to articulate differences in usage, technical complexity, and emphasis
in alternate approaches.
* Experience designing CMS interfaces, and application-based UI.
* Comfortable presenting work and justifying strategic IA and UI
* Ability to prototype UI concepts in HTML a plus.
* Ability to design and run usability research tests; scenarios for
A/B and multivariate testing a plus.
This is a full-time, on-site position at an award-winning company with a
passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences. We are located in
the Flatiron district of Manhattan, in a bright, cheerful office complete
with game room and dog.