Mad*Pow is an experience design studio based in Portsmouth, New
Hampshire. Since 2000, the company has used its proven methodology to
create powerful multi-channel experiences for its clients. Mad*Pow
partners with sales, marketing, and customer service teams looking to
leverage the interactive channel to support how customers, partners,
and employees interact with their organization.
We are the firm that industry leaders hire to create concepts for the
future of their sites and systems. We work on stimulating projects
with big brands. We are growing and we are energetic. We are based in
beautiful and historic Portsmouth, NH and service clients all over the
If you are a creative, user centered, logical, flexible and fun team
player then you need to join us!
As an Experience Designer you will be responsible for:
• Task Flow Creation: Conceptualizing ideal user paths/task flows/
• IA Design: Building the information architecture and navigational
• Screen Inventory Building: Identifying key screen types and
generating full screen inventories
• Interface Concepting: Creating High Level Interface Concepts
• Interface/Wireframe Design: Designing Wireframes concepts
• Consultation/Collaboration: Giving feedback to our other team
members whether during peer review or during brainstorming sessions
• Collaborating with our visual designers to create the visual design
layer (Visual Design Experience is a plus)
• Communicating requirements and troubleshooting with client dev/tech
teams (Proficiency with "devspeak" is a plus)
• Receiving direction from our User Experience Director, Chief
Experience Officer and Chief Creative Officer
• Keeping lines of communication open with our production and project
Experience with the Following is a Plus:
• Personas: Defining target users and authoring detailed user
• User Research: Conducting contextual inquiry (in person observation
& interviews) with target users to understand their mental models and
• Research Analysis: Analyzing information gained during user research
and also conducting heuristic and competitive analysis.
• Recommendation Authoring: Writing recommendation reports based on
• Usability Testing: Conducting usability testing, analyzing the
results and creating a recommendations report
Qualities we are looking for:
• Creativity & Analytical Skills: We are looking for someone who can
quickly absorb technical information, analyze it and come up with
solid solutions. Someone who understands the parameters of a project
and then innovates within those boundaries, someone who knows the
rules and when to break them.
• Communication/Attitude: We are looking for someone who is a great
communicator, with both internal team members and clients. We are
looking for open, honest, fun, positive and friendly creatives who
thrive on challenging work and a fast paced atmosphere.
• Presentation Skills/Independence: We are looking for a candidate
that can present their ideas to clients during workshops and
presentations, and someone that can hold their own when on site with a
• Flexibility: We are a flexible shop, and we are looking for
candidates who also are flexible. You will be able to work from home
or in the office to create deliverables. When collaboration is
required, we will work together in the office. Some weeks will
require over 40 hours, and when that happens we will compensate with
flex time/days off, etc.
• Project Management: The ability to organize yourself, raise flags,
set expectations with clients and team members is essential.
• Travel: In this position you must be willing to travel whether
driving to a local workshop, or flying to a client location for a few
days. We have families too and will always try to work within
reasonable scheduling constraints.
This is a full time or contract position offering a fun and exciting
working environment in a rapidly growing company, competitive salary
and great benefits.
We will only look at candidates who can commute to Portsmouth, NH, and/
or who are willing to work on-site at our client's Boston Area
We are a results-driven firm. We deliver on our client's business
goals and we enjoy doing it. This is why we have been so successful.
As such, candidates who include an example in their cover letter of
how their efforts produced results on a specific project or within an
organization will be given preferential treatment. Also a link to a
portfolio or case studies would be helpful.