I am curious ...
* If I had a seasonally appealing destination
* Great isntructors
* Great courses relevant to your total education as a designer
* at a reasonable but profit generating price
Would a junior or mid-level designer be willing or better wanting to
dive into an intensive Interaction Design Studio/Seminar?
I'm thinking 2 weeks is the magic number (Yes, I know family folks
won't probably do this as they have well families; but heck, bring
them a long!) where people can take an educational vacation with the
goal if being immersed in studio foundations for interaction design.
* A few thoughts. didn't Harvard and AIGA do something like this a few
summers in a row now? I forget the details.
* I think a single topic with a deep dive might provide decent results
in about 2 weeks, but that the standard 1 week UX con (AP, NN/G or
UIE) while EXCELLENT programs are not the same type of experience.
They just lack depth (even Togs 3-day IxD course) b/c they lack a
Anyway, Allison's response about not being in NY struck a chord in me.
I also can't believe that no other design school has or couldn't build
for themselves a similar program as the one that Pratt has.
[Disclaimer: I put summer in quotes as I do realize our planet is on
an axis and that we usually define summer as the solstice time for
when the sun is directly aimed at the nearer Tropic line. Also, b/c
I'm not sure if summer is really the optimal time for such.]