(Job) Interaction Designer at Qik, Inc., Full-time, San Francisco Bay Area
15 Jul 2008 - 3:30pm
This is a great opportunity to work with a tight-knit team on a
service that is revolutionizing the way people share video with their
networks. Our service crosses platform, so we are interested in
talking with interaction designers who have web-only experience but
are interested in learning more about the mobile space, as well as IDs
who've worked in mobile and are looking for a chance to broaden their
Please submit your resume with a portfolio website to jobs at qik.com.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to have an online portfolio for
This position is located in Redwood City, CA. Only candidates with
proper permits to work in the United States can be considered.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Director of User Experience, Qik, Inc.
Qik, Inc. is looking for a mid-level interaction designer to join its
User Experience team on a permanent, full-time basis. The interaction
designer should have a strong understanding of the user-centered
design process and be comfortable working independently alongside
design and engineering team members. The ideal candidate should have
2-3 years of experience designing interfaces for the web and/or mobile
and feel comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
Qik (http://qik.com) enables camera-equipped mobile phones to stream
live video to the world via 3G, GPRS and Wi-Fi networks. Qik is
changing the way people communicate and interact with others by
letting them share what they see and interact with friends, family or
a broader audience in real-time.
Qik is a well-funded startup offering competitive compensation
packages and great benefits. We are located steps from the Caltrain
station in Redwood City, 30 minutes from San Francisco and San Jose by
bullet train. Our office is around the corner from outstanding live
music at the Fox and Little Fox Theatres, across the street from free
entertainment in Courthouse Square, and surrounded by a wide array of
restaurants. If you are excited at the thought of designing a new way
for people create and share experiences with others, we’d like to
speak with you!
- performing heuristic audits
- developing conceptual models, personas, scenarios and storyboards
- defining user task and interaction flows
- creating screen- and page-level interaction designs
- writing user interface specifications that capture proposed designs
- working with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility
of proposed solutions.
- strong understanding and demonstrable experience of user-centered
- 2+ years designing effective interfaces for mobile applications and/
or consumer facing web-based applications
- undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work
- ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to
other members of the design, development and executive team
- working experience with appropriate design tools including
OmniGraffle, Adobe CS, etc. as they relate to documenting interface
flows and screen- or page-level features and functionality
- focused attention to detail
- sense of humor and positive, flexible attitude
- ability to multi-task and work on competing tasks with tight timelines
- strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- prefer candidates with previous experience in an agency setting and/
or OEM/wireless carrier background
- domain experience in relevant technologies (J2ME, WAP) and platforms
(J2ME, Symbian, MS, iPhone, Blackberry)
advanced degree in relevant field