JOB: Snr. UX/Product Designer; Burlingame, CA; Piclinq/Full Time
2 Jul 2008 - 4:02pm
This is a chance to affect what the product IS, not just how it works.
Especially looking for people with some experience with social
User Experience/Product Designer
Join an innovation team to build an exciting platform at the
intersection of digital photography, social networking and digital
life management. This is your opportunity to make a strong impact on a
project at a very early stage of definition.
Piclinq is a leader in the field of connected photography. We created
the first commercially available platform integrating wireless cameras
with a state-of-the-art photo storage and sharing service. Now we plan
to take another giant leap to the next generation of networked
We’re looking for strong conceptual thinkers capable of translating
deep insights into powerful products that are grounded in the
constraints of technology, the market and cost. We are building a team
that is dedicated to providing users with products and services that
are memorable, fit seamlessly into their lives, are simple and
intuitive to use and leave a smile on their face.
• Become knowledgable about relevant products, technologies, industry
and user issues.
• Synthesize problem statements and product briefs into simple,
elegant and original product concepts.
• Create class defining solutions to difficult design problems across
all relevant categories, including web, desktop and device applications
• Provide clear input for creation of prototypes,
• Participate in user testing and evaluation of prototypes drawing
insights for concept and design iteration.
• Write clear specifications for UI and software design and
development including use cases, wireframes and other documentation of
the design intent.
• Review and give feedback to work of UI designers and software
• Strong product design and problem solving skills.
• Strong sketching, written and oral communication skills.
• Well versed in user-centered design process and principals
• Batchelors degree in relevant discipline: design (product/graphic,
UI), Human-Computer Interaction, computer science. Cross disciplinary
exposure a plus.
• Understanding of capabilities of web technologies including XHTML,
is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency with prototyping tools such as Fireworks,
Photoshop, Flash, Visio, etc.
• 7+ years experience in user centered design environment with track
record seeing high concept product design through successful market
launch. Social networking experience a plus.
Please send your resume (URL, PDF, Text, or DOC) and portfolio (URL or
ZIP file) to work at piclinq.com.