Position Title: Senior User Interface Designer (Req#: 52168)
Intuit is looking for a talented, motivated Senior User Interface Designer
to help shape the User Interface for Quicken and Quicken.com.
This designer will work with product management and the product development
team to design and build innovative, industry-leading interface designs.
They will work with Usability specialists and other team members to research
and analyze target audience for products and develop creative design
solutions. This designer will drive the interaction design process from
product/feature conceptualization through implementation and usability
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the end-user experience, the
technology behind Quicken and Quicken.com, and will be able to work on both
simple and challenging design problems.
- Driving interaction designs from conceptualization through prototyping to
- Developing high level, and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes
to effectively communicate designs and validate usability studies.
- Assist product management in authoring functional user requirements
documents for the interfaces.
- Develop product conceptual models from functional specifications,
marketing requirements, and various types of user analysis.
- Conceive, set, and implement user interface guidelines and standards.
- Help drive the user-centered design process.
- Prioritize design tasks and deliver projects on time.
Candidates should be able to:
- Apply market research, usability data, software technology and human
factors to UI design processes and solutions.
- Work comfortably in a multi-discipline team to deliver designs that meet
customer needs, product goals, and schedules.
- Participate in design review sessions with project team members.
- Strong communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of User Interface Design principals, Human Factors,
User Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability
Methodologies, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and
software development process.
- Proficiency with various design tools (Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator,
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial
Design, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of direct UI design experience.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for large, complex
- Able to work on multiple projects.
- Graphic design skills including screen layout, icon development and other
visual design elements a plus.
This designer should be an innovative, creative problem solver with an eye
for detail and accuracy. They must possess portfolio of original user
interface design work.