JOB: UX Focused Senior Program Manager: Chicago, Schaumburg: Macrovision: Full Time
17 Jun 2008 - 4:04pm
8 years ago
The Senior Program Manager will work interactively with the UX team, Product
Managers, Engineering Managers, and Executive Management to track projects
and strategic initiatives. This person will be responsible for tracking and
escalating issues, prioritizing and managing change requests, and keeping
everyone on the same page while minimizing exposure to risk. This will be
critical for a successful delivery of our next generation solution.
1. Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to
meet changing needs and requirements.
2. Close collaboration with User Experience Project Leads, Product
Managers, and Engineering Manager.
3. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
4. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of all UX research projects and
5. Work interactively with external vendors (when needed) to track
/manage research projects.
6. Minimizes our exposure and risk on each project.
7. Planning of the next release. This includes:
- Getting estimates for each feature and technical modification to be
included in the release
- Assigning the correct resources to each feature, and
- Laying out the order of implementation balancing priority, resource
loading, and feasibility of each task on the schedule.
Remove obstacles that may cause the project team to miss their
Manage all issues. This includes:
- Processing all Issues and ensuring that the Issue flow is correct.
- Monitoring Incidents. This includes evaluating impact of customer
request on the project plan.
Developing and encouraging the use of process to improve product quality
and team member experience.
Ensuring that each resource continues to have the proper workload on a
daily basis not just during the initial planning stage.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that
project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive
suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team
Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- 6+ years Technical Software Project Management experience. Position
requires knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word; excellent written and
verbal communication skills, high attention to detail; strong problem
solving skills; experience simultaneously managing multiple projects; and
experience with at least 3 development methodologies.
- Experience working with cross functional development and operations
teams to implement complex business and technology solutions
- Telecommunications/Cable industry experience within development or
information technology functional areas
- Experience using Java, C++, object-oriented languages, and scripting
- Experience with Earned Value is beneficial.
- Experience with Virtual Teams is beneficial.
- Experience with Agile and/or test driven development a plus
- Experience with SharePoint and/or Wiki a plus