JOB: Interactive User Interface/Experience Designer -- San Francisco -- liveBooks -- Full Time
12 Jun 2008 - 9:34am
We are looking for a passionate, experienced, creative and innovative
user interface and experience designer that can lead the design of our
company’s web applications. Our clients are talented and creative
individuals who are moved by solutions that combine inspiring design
with powerful functionality and ease of use.
You will play a significant role in defining our design language. You
will document and communicate that language so that it can be applied
by others. You will also personally design many of our user interfaces.
• Work with product and marketing teams to define the design strategy
and language that will be used on future products.
• Work with product management to understand customer use cases and
behavior. Translate that understanding into accurate flow diagrams to
ensure clarity of direction across all players within the product
• Work closely with the engineering and web development teams to
understand the capabilities of the platform and to inspire the team to
develop innovative solutions which meet user interaction requirements
in creative ways.
• Create beginning and intermediate design concepts and take all the
way to final production art for use by the development team.
• Design quick mock-ups of products and feature ideas to be used for
evaluation and planning.
• Provide accurate time estimates on all projects.
• Identify company design needs and help determine the proper
resources for the product design team. Collaborate with creative staff
in marketing to build creative bridges between product, marketing and
• Stay up to date on current interface design trends and thinking and
communicate to the larger product development team.
• Awareness of current interface and experience best practices and
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of interface design
• Our ideal candidate has designed interfaces that work and look great.
• Proficiency in latest versions of Flash/Flex (design side),
• Solid understanding of how software is experienced in both the Mac
and Windows environments
• Strong attention to detail and time management
• Demonstrated success in a team environment
Ability to communicate effectively in real time and offline verbal and
About liveBooks, Inc.
liveBooks, Inc. is the leader in on-demand Website creation,
management and marketing services for photographers requiring a rich,
image-intensive online presence. As creative professionals ourselves,
the liveBooks team understands the passion behind our customers’ work
and their need to easily upload, edit, market, send and sell images
within a Website they can create within minutes without the need for
programming or design skills. The liveBooks Website supports
photographers’ creative vision with full-screen, high-quality images
that download quickly, an intuitive navigation system based on input
from photo buyers, and a professional design aesthetic to help develop
TO APPLY: Submit a well-written cover letter that tells us why you are
the one along with your portfolio and your resume to jobs at livebooks.com.