[JOB] Information Architect, New York, Thumbplay - Full Time
4 Jun 2008 - 1:28pm
Thumbplay Inc., the leading consumer brand in wireless entertainment,
has an immediate opening for an Information Architect to join a growing
group of user experience professionals on the product development team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a depth of experience in
information architecture practices, with an emphasis on navigation
design, interaction design, and principles of designing for e-commerce
systems. The Information Architect will work for the Director of
Customer Experience and with the Product and Operations teams to
transform the Thumbplay web and mobile consumer experiences through
online initiatives and mobile products. The candidate should be
comfortable playing roles from information architect to usability expert
to project manager.
* Create world class web and mobile commerce experiences.
* Work closely with product development, technology, and
marketing teams to define strategy, help gather requirements and shape
* Translate user needs into desirable user interfaces.
* Represent the user, either through developing user personas or
* Work with team to create own project timeline and manage own
deliverables to delivery dates.
* Develop deliverables that communicate ideas clearly, including
heuristic and competitive evaluations, personas, sitemaps, wireframes,
and functional specification documents.
* Become acquainted with site analytics data to inform designs
* Contribute to the product development team by introducing new
ideas and creative approaches.
* Four + years of applied experience in designing usable web
* Two + years of applied information architecture experience.
* BA/MA in information architecture, human-computer interaction,
information design, technical writing, or user-experience-related field.
* Strong understanding of user research, usability, and web
Thumbplay, Inc. is a leading provider of mobile entertainment services
to consumers. The company aggregates, promotes and delivers mobile
content directly to members from Thumbplay.com. The site offers
ringtones, wallpapers, games and text-based services through a
membership-based, community experience. Thumbplay, headquartered in New
York, is backed by leading venture capital firms, including SoftBank
Capital, i-hatch Ventures and Redwood Partners. For more information,