(JOB) User Researcher-Seattle-Recruiter Contract or Direct
3 Jun 2008 - 2:17pm
18 Staff 5 Contractors young company with deep pockets plan to double in size within two years. Open air environment great window views of the Puget Sound. Excellent group of people. Huge client list and they are turning down business. Whats nice about it is they can pick and chose. Never take projects less than 8 weeks and some/most are usually 6-9 Months. They are Platform vs Web Oriented Visual Design as it Relates to UI
Contract or Direct or Contract to Hire
UCD company seeks Mid to Senior Level Researcher
Are you interested working in a design consultancy creating future product concepts that people will love? We are seeking a design researcher who is able to discover insights about people and translate those insights into design opportunities. The ideal candidate will be outrageously curious about human behavior and hungry to provide possible explanations for the behavior. The candidate needs to be able to discover insights through critical and rigorous analysis and apply those insights to the design process.
* Define target users and segments. Know their aspirations, motivations, activities, habits, practices, wants and needs.
* Plan, design and conduct generative product research using techniques that will include: rapid ethnography, interviewing, participatory design, and concept value testing. These are techniques that lay the foundation for identifying and defining valuable and profitable problems to solve.
* Proficient in evaluating the quality of people's experience with new product concepts. Able to apply rapid, iterative evaluation techniques, and verbal protocol analysis to optimize concepts for the best possible use experience.
* Analyze and interpret behavioral data. Turn observations into meaningful insights.
* Work collaboratively with user experience designers to develop innovative solutions to a wide variety of design opportunities.
* Compile professional reports and presentations that the audience will understand and enjoy.
* Travel is involved; must be prepared to travel nationally and internationally as needed to conduct research programs. Frequency of travel is highly variable.
* MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Psychology, Anthropology or related discipline with a solid foundation in research-based design using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
* In-depth knowledge of human-centered design principles and techniques.
* Five years of demonstrable design research experience with business or consumer software products. Consulting experience is a plus.
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Greythorn or the FiveTen Group or any of its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. This email and its attachments are believed to be free of any virus, or defect, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure this. Greythorn does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising in any way from its receipt or use or for any errors or omissions in its contents which may arise as a result of its transmission. This email is covered by Greythorn's Terms and Conditions of Business, a copy of which can be viewed on our website, or obtained on request.