Submissions - tiffany at artefactgroup.com Send resume and cover letter
with "User Experience Designer job application" in the subject line.
Job reports to: Owners
Compensation: Salary based on experience, family medical, generous
profit sharing program. 401k with Employer Match. Life Insurance, AD&D
policy and other benefits.
Here are multiple opportunities for entry to senior-level interaction or
user experience designers with ambition, talent and a desire to work in
an energetic environment. You will be part of a group of 17 design
consultants and researchers working on a variety of programs from games
to web software to consumer products and enterprise business software.
You must have a strong interest in software interaction design and solid
capabilities in problem solving, visual design, and a passion and drive
to make digital experiences as simple and elegant as possible.
You will participate in design programs and enjoy collaborating with
other designers to solve complex interaction problems and challenges.
You will work closely with researchers, customers and client side
product teams to define new product experiences expressed through
different levels of prototyped output.
You have knowledge of, and proficiency in, various design software tools
for prototyping and designing visual elements. You will need to
demonstrate a portfolio of work that communicates examples of creative
problem solving, ideally in the realm of interaction, visual,
industrial, or web design (HTML/Flash).
* Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define user
interaction and workflow models for software product features.
* Work with user researchers to turn observational and other
data into creative solutions.
* Find ways to make complex information and interaction as
simple as possible.
* Produce error free high quality production visual assets to
communicate a design approach.
* Build Flash, Director, HTML, or After effects prototypes to
demonstrations interactive behavior.
* Collaborative brainstorming and conceptual development of
* Development of user experience guidelines, and UI
* Develop navigational hierarchies and effectively visualize key
concepts of site structure and user pathways.
* Create storyboards and plan activity scenarios, flow and
* Effectively communicate and collaborate with members of
management and production staff.
* BA or MA in Visual Communication, Product Design, Industrial
design or equivalent.
* An online design portfolio showing strong creative skills,
ability to generate solid design ideas, and thorough understanding of
good design process.
* Able to quickly demonstrate an understanding of the software
product, or must have the ability to quickly learn specified technology.
* Ability to work under deadline pressure.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Able to accomplish objectives and possess proactive and
strategic problem-solving skills.
* Bachelor's degree in design or related field is required
advanced degree preferred.
* All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be
authorized to work in the United States.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash,
Director, and HTML/Web authoring, In-design or equivalent.
Great Clients, Greater Challenges
We get to work with some of the coolest, biggest, most successful brands
and products in the world, including several you've probably never heard
of, but will. And it's not designing websites and brochure-ware either.
(All due respect of course, these just really aren't what we're about)
We often get hired to take on projects and solve challenges other firms
Opportunity for Professional and Personal Growth
One of our philosophies is that we hire the best talent possible, and go
from there. There aren't any pre-set rules and mandates of conformity.
People work here for more than just a paycheck - they are looking to
make an impact with their work, grow in new and interesting ways, and
influence in a way they never could in a 350-person agency.
Super Smart, Talented People
The people here have a strong, deep mix of talent and experience,
personality and charisma. Many of us have gone as far as we could go in
our careers conventionally, so what we're really looking for are
like-minded, clearly driven thinkers and creative's who are ready to
take their career to the next level.