We're looking for a strong user interaction designer to help build new solutions for Intuit's next generation and existing products. The right candidate will turn ideas into amazing designs that delight our customers by solving important customer problems, by being easy and efficient to use, and by delivering emotional engagement and unexpected wow.
* Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals. Directly responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from delivering concepts and prototypes to UI specifications.
* Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite complexity of the system.
* Leverage rapid prototyping and frequent customer interactions to inform design directions.
* Use judgment to suggest solutions that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities.
* Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends.
* Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members.
* Use leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you.
* Participate in and foster the Intuit Experience Design Community.
* Minimum BA/BS degree in product/interaction design, human factors, graphic design or related field
* 5+ years of user interface design experience with Web applications and sites, or mobile applications
* Experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning web sites or products preferred
* Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working
collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
* Expertise with design software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator
* Expertise with Ajax, DHTML, Flash or other rich internet application technologies.
* Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, etc)
* Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others