[Job] Design Manager, User Experience Team, Melbourne Australia, Sensis Pty Ltd, Full Time
2 Apr 2008 - 9:08pm
We are looking for a Design Manager to join our User Experience team.
We¹ve developed a premier User Experience team that works at the forefront
of product design and innovation, and has an absolute commitment to
delivering the best possible
user experiences to our customers.
We¹re looking for someone with the spirit to lead our sophisticated and
experienced design team building on our achievements, developing our
culture and integrating design into the wider organisation in a smart and
This opportunity requires a solid mix of design skills strong user-centred
design experience; a passionate user experience advocate; and solid
interaction design base. As well, a broad passion for great design is
required to inspire the team and foster the design culture, not to mention
the enthusiasm and energy needed to influence and excite others.
As Design Manager you will work with The Executive Producer, Design Leads,
User Innovation Manager and stakeholders throughout the business to guide
and shape the team¹s involvement in projects from concept to delivery.
You¹ll also take the lead on advocating the value of the User Experience and
Design teams to other parts of the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will need a passion for great design and
a holistic understanding of what makes a great user experience backed by
your own extensive experience:
- more than eight years experience as an interface designer, interaction
designer, or in a similar role
- to have successfully completed a tertiary studies in design, interaction
design, psychology or a related degree
- strong conceptual and creative skills, with the ability to effectively
share your ideas from concept through to prototypes and beyond
- significant experience designing and facilitating usability, design
research and design valuation sessions with individuals and groups of users
- experience leading business stakeholders through an effective design
- strong written and spoken communication skills
- people management experience
- knowledge of current and emerging technologies and design practices within
the online environment
- experience with a variety of design and development methodologies
- experience working with large project teams
This is not a job for the faint of heart! You will need all of your passion
and all of your creativity, to take this exciting team to the next level.
If you are interested in team, please send us a short email telling us:
- why you want to be Design Manager for our team
- what you can bring to the team, and our products
- and don't forget to attach your resume
Sensis cares for the environment - think before you print.
This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy or retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return email or by contacting Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on [+61 3 8653 5000]