job: manager, user experience design/mountain view, ca/fte/intuit
27 Mar 2008 - 5:28pm
This is a new position within our Small Business Group.
Experience with Web 2.0 and RIA highly desirable:
Intuit isn't just another place to work. It's a company made up of smart, motivated people with a passion for what they do - developing, marketing and supporting products and services that transform the way people and small businesses around the world manage their finances. We take pride in our dedication to the customers who use our products and services every day.
Intuit offers some of the best rewards in the industry. We don't think you'll find another employer more dedicated to its employees' success.
The Small Business Experience Design (XD) group is tasked with designing the user experience for the Quicken and QuickBooks family of products and services.
* Lead a team of Experience Designers and Researchers to define Shop, Buy and Use experiences that delight our customers
* Work with the team and key stakeholders to understand and promulgate a strong vision for user experience
* Collaborate across functional areas and segments to plan innovative changes to experience design methodologies, strategy, development processes, and organizational capabilities/structure
* Provide design direction to ensure delivery of high quality user experiences * Drive the integration of user-centered research and design processes into the product development process
* Prioritize Experience Research and Design work to align with the Small Business division's goals and objectives for the business you support
* Oversee the work of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, and User Research across multiple projects
* Attract, grow and retain a world class team of experience designers and researchers
* Manage all run-the-business aspects of the team (budgets, personnel, reporting)
* Foster user experience collaboration across the Small Business Ecosystem and the Intuit XD Community on shared UI frameworks, design patterns, and cross-offering experiences
* Stay abreast of external research, standards, inventions, and trends for potential opportunities
* Master's or PhD in design, the social sciences, HCI or related fields, or related experience
* Minimum 5 years experience managing design teams that deliver exceptional user experiences in new and existing offerings
* At least 7 years of experience as a practicing visual designer, interaction designer, or other design-related role
* Proven track record of leading user experience organizations to be highly influential, effective, and strategic within a matrixed structure
* Excellent command of: user experience methods, design principles, problem-framing skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Proven experience delivering products and services to the market
* Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership
* Strong track-record of developing and hiring great people