[JOB] User Experience Analyst - Portland, OR - White Horse - Full-Time, Entry-level
24 Mar 2008 - 1:26pm
White Horse is a privately owned interactive marketing agency based in
Portland, Oregon. Our core services include: online marketing strategy
(customer acquisition/retention), user-centered site design & development,
user experience consultation, online advertising, permission e-mail
marketing, media planning/buying, search engine marketing/optimization.
Our User Experience department is currently looking for a full-time analyst
in our Portland office to assist our User Experience Architects on user
experience and information architecture projects. The analyst will be
mentored and supervised by seasoned UXAs who will provide direction and
feedback on project deliverables including content inventories, user task
flows, site maps, user interviews, design and marketing personas,
wireframes, business requirements, and more.
This is an entry-level position on our UX team, intended for recent college
grads with a HCI, information architecture, or multimedia background, or for
those just getting started in this field with relevant Web experience.
• Excellent visual and written communication skills
• Patience and attention to detail
• Analytical mindset
• Ability to adapt to new Internet and software technologies and programs
• Good office personality and a positive collegial attitude
• Bachelor's degree or greater
• Experience with information architecture deliverables (show us some)
• You can make some sense of Web analytics (what can they tell you?)
If you meet the requirements above, please e-mail (400 words max) your
answers to the questions below, plus your resume in PDF or text only format.
All other resumes will be tossed.
1. What business-to-business Web site provides an example of a solid user
experience that meets business objectives, and how does it achieve this?
2. Name one user experience practitioner whose work inspires you (and tell
Bonus points for providing a content inventory of the White Horse Web site –
show off your skills!
Olivia C. Williamson
User Experience Architect
W H I T E H O R S E
3747 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland OR 97232.
503.471.4200 / Fax: 503.471.4299.