I'm putting together a free class on rapid prototyping in Flash in the
LA area. Flash can be a powerful ally, it's easily integrated with
graphics, video, images, and animation, yet I run into a large number
of IA's who don't even use it.
Here's what I'm contemplating.
- flash basics, if you use visio, you have most of the skills already,
- how to create mockups using basic animation, these are very useful
in group meetings
- whiteboard sessions converted to interactive wireframes or low
- illustrator and photoshop high fidelity prototypes.
- interactive design patterns (media players, collections, login)
- using animation to create more narrative UI's
- specing interactive applications with flow and state diagrams.