Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and
information. For 25 years, the company's award-winning software and
technologies have redefined business, entertainment, and personal
communications by setting new standards for producing and delivering
content that engages people virtually anywhere at anytime. From rich
images in print, video, and film to dynamic digital content for a
variety of media, the impact of Adobe solutions is evident across
industries and felt by anyone who creates, views, and interacts with
information. With a reputation for excellence and a portfolio of many of
the most respected and recognizable software brands, Adobe is one of the
world's largest and most diversified software companies.
Today, Adobe is better positioned than ever to push the boundaries of
the digital universe. Under the leadership of President & CEO Shantanu
Narayen, we're driving even greater innovation with powerful, compelling
software solutions that meet the needs of customers and markets ranging
from designers and filmmakers, to enterprises and governments, to
developers and home users.
Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe
recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates
an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and
rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to
share in the company's success.
Headquarters: San Jose, CA
IPO Date: 1986
Offices: 30+ offices worldwide
Fiscal 2005 revenue: $1.96 billion
Fiscal 2006 revenue: $2.57 billion
Fiscal 2007 revenue: $3.15 billion
Adobe Systems Incorporated is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer
to join the
Creative Suite Design team.
As an Adobe Sr. Experience Designer, you will be responsible for
experiences for several members of the Adobe product family. You will
collaboratively with fellow members of the UE (User Experience) team to
design and prototype ideas; then inspire members of Product Management,
and Quality Engineering to develop award winning products.
As a UE Team member, you would:
* Represent the "user experience," translate customer requirements
into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop
the right product.
* Own the design of the most impactful user interface - related
features and review specifications.
* Participate in the product definition process with the Product
* Manager and User Research.
* Significantly influence product strategy and direction.
* Work with User Research and Product Manager to translate
business and marketing goals into the best software solutions for our
* Develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios,
prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and other design documents.
* Work with feature development teams to make sure that the
workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among
* Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary
products and bring new ideas to the team.
* Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles which
result in improved user productivity.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
* Uncanny drive to design the best user experience in the world.
* Strong software design communication skills. (Ability to
communicate one's ideas through their design.)
* Interaction Design
* Visual Design
* Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling,
award-winning user interfaces.
* High degree of creativity and problem solving.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Experience working with various departments within a product
* Team player.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand,
sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working
environment is well known - including eight years on FORTUNE magazine's
"100 Best Companies to Work For" and other, similar accolades. By hiring
the very best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place
to work - creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives
for future achievement.
Adobe is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome
and encourage diversity in the workplace.
If you are a North America-based employee and have an HR-related
question, you now have a centralized resource to help you find the
answers. Contact the HR Information Center (HRIC) at x6-HELP (4357) or
at hric at adobe.com <mailto:hric at adobe.com> .