[JOB] UX Designer - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada - Primal Fusion - Full time or contract
29 Feb 2008 - 10:47am
Primal Fusion is a web startup about to come out of stealth mode, which
means I can't describe what we're up to on the IxDA list quite yet. I can
say, however, that your work will be challenging, rewarding, and will have a
real impact on our success. We've assembled a terrific team of talented and
experienced people who appreciate the importance of design.
For more info, contact me directly at the address below. Unfortunately, we
aren't able to offer relocation assistance at this time.
bbb at primalfusion dot com
This is a full-time opportunity, though we are also interested in
independent contractors who feel they fit the bill.
Itching for an opportunity to work in a company where design really matters?
Here¹s your chance. From the beginning, Primal Fusion has understood the
critical role that product design will play in the success of our business.
We¹re now looking for another designer to help us conceptualize and sweat
the details of our web applications¹ user experience.
As a User Experience Designer at Primal Fusion, you will:
- Imagine new opportunities to hit the ³sweet spot,² that place where our
products delight customers while fulfilling our business goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers¹ motivations and behaviors
through user research methods such as field studies.
- Lay the groundwork for new products by modeling workflows, crafting
personas, writing scenarios, and sketching storyboards.
- Design the form and behavior of our products by creating prototypes of
increasing fidelity and detail, from concept sketches to wireframes to
- Improve your craft by subjecting your work to rigorous assessment,
including usability studies, A/B testing, and web log analysis.
- Help to further elevate the practice of design at Primal Fusion.
- A passion for design. ³Design thinking² isn¹t something you turn on and
off, it¹s how you think all the time.
- An entrepreneurial and energetic spirit. This is a startup environment in
which things move quickly; you¹ll have the opportunity to wear many hats.
- Demonstrated experience in designing elegant and highly usable websites
and web applications.
- A proven understanding of why, when, and how to create artifacts such as
workflow and mental model diagrams, personas, scenarios, sitemaps, and
- Graphic and information design skills. You have a demonstrated ability to
make visual design choices that guide users in their interactions with a
- Experience in communicating design requirements and shepherding products
through the development process.
- Expertise with Adobe applications such as Fireworks or Illustrator.
BONUS POINTS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Experience in designing for large-scale consumer web applications.
- Experience in conducting usability studies and A/B testing.
- Strong written communication skills, especially for web copy.