First Set of Interaction08 Videos

13 Feb 2008 - 6:03pm
6 years ago
8 replies
4178 reads
Dan Saffer
2003

The first set of videos from Interaction08 are now available. They
will soon be up on the Interaction08 conference site, but for now you
can view them (and embed them in your own site) via Brightcove.tv:

Concept Ideation and IxD, Gretchen Anderson
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319101&channel=1274129191>

Experience Design, Convergence + The Digital Agency, David Armano
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319087&channel=1274129191>

Effective Prototyping Methods, Jonathan Arnowitz
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319296&channel=1274129191>

Classic Design Movements and IxD: Kissing Cousins?, Chris Bernard
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319111&channel=1274129191>

Help Me! A New Approach to Support Interactions, Doug Bolin
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319281&channel=1274129191>

Concept Models: A Tool for Planning Interaction, Dan Brown
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414289526&channel=1274129191>

An Insurgency of Quality, Alan Cooper
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1416866797&channel=1274129191>

New IxDA Board, Dave Malouf
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415621296&channel=1274129191>

IxD for Community Empowerment, Carl DiSalvo
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1411851460&channel=1274129191>

Self-Conscious Gaming, Andrew Hieronymi
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415631211&channel=1274129191>

Designing for the Other 99%, Morten Hjerde
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414281550&channel=1274129191>

Designing for SpaceTime, Building in No-Time, Matt Jones
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327695&channel=1274129191>

Redesigning Sony-Ericsson's Product Catalog, Saskia Idzerda
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415631194&channel=1274129191>

Intervention-Interaction, Sigi Moeslinger
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327646&channel=1274129191>

New Interaction Model for a Modular Personal Infotainment System,
Sajid Saiyed
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327521&channel=1274129191>

Strategic Boredom, Molly Wright Steenson
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319103&channel=1274129191>

Interaction Across Disciplines, Michele Tepper
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319228&channel=1274129191>

Ethics of Everyday Design, Gabriel White
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319098&channel=1274129191>

User Interface Design in an Agile Environment: Enter the Design
Studio, Jeff White and Jim Unger
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319116&channel=1274129191>

Fieldwork and Sketching: Translating Research Themes into Conceptual
Designs, Susan Wyche
<http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414289497&channel=1274129191>

Enjoy!

Dan Saffer
Co-Chair, Interaction08

Comments

15 Feb 2008 - 12:49pm
Oleh Kovalchuke
2006

Thanks, Dan for doing this.

A few suggestions:

Does brightcove support ratings? If so, can they be enabled (web 2.0-like)?

Would it be possible to put up slides from some of the talks?
Specifically the slides from the Aza Raskin's presentation.

Thanks, Oleh.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Dan Saffer <dan at odannyboy.com> wrote:
> The first set of videos from Interaction08 are now available. They
> will soon be up on the Interaction08 conference site, but for now you
> can view them (and embed them in your own site) via Brightcove.tv:
>
> Concept Ideation and IxD, Gretchen Anderson
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319101&channel=1274129191>
>
> Experience Design, Convergence + The Digital Agency, David Armano
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319087&channel=1274129191>
>
> Effective Prototyping Methods, Jonathan Arnowitz
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319296&channel=1274129191>
>
> Classic Design Movements and IxD: Kissing Cousins?, Chris Bernard
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319111&channel=1274129191>
>
> Help Me! A New Approach to Support Interactions, Doug Bolin
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319281&channel=1274129191>
>
> Concept Models: A Tool for Planning Interaction, Dan Brown
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414289526&channel=1274129191>
>
> An Insurgency of Quality, Alan Cooper
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1416866797&channel=1274129191>
>
> New IxDA Board, Dave Malouf
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415621296&channel=1274129191>
>
> IxD for Community Empowerment, Carl DiSalvo
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1411851460&channel=1274129191>
>
> Self-Conscious Gaming, Andrew Hieronymi
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415631211&channel=1274129191>
>
> Designing for the Other 99%, Morten Hjerde
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414281550&channel=1274129191>
>
> Designing for SpaceTime, Building in No-Time, Matt Jones
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327695&channel=1274129191>
>
> Redesigning Sony-Ericsson's Product Catalog, Saskia Idzerda
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415631194&channel=1274129191>
>
> Intervention-Interaction, Sigi Moeslinger
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327646&channel=1274129191>
>
> New Interaction Model for a Modular Personal Infotainment System,
> Sajid Saiyed
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327521&channel=1274129191>
>
> Strategic Boredom, Molly Wright Steenson
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319103&channel=1274129191>
>
> Interaction Across Disciplines, Michele Tepper
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319228&channel=1274129191>
>
> Ethics of Everyday Design, Gabriel White
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319098&channel=1274129191>
>
> User Interface Design in an Agile Environment: Enter the Design
> Studio, Jeff White and Jim Unger
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319116&channel=1274129191>
>
> Fieldwork and Sketching: Translating Research Themes into Conceptual
> Designs, Susan Wyche
> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414289497&channel=1274129191>
>
>
> Enjoy!
>
>
> Dan Saffer
> Co-Chair, Interaction08
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
Oleh Kovalchuke
Interaction Design is the Design of Time
http://www.tangospring.com/IxDtopicWhatIsInteractionDesign.htm

15 Feb 2008 - 1:50pm
Dan Saffer
2003

We are working on embedding the presentations along with some other
feedback mechanisms and possibly the slides onto the Interaction08
official website. Stay tuned...

Dan

On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:49 AM, Oleh Kovalchuke wrote:

> Thanks, Dan for doing this.
>
> A few suggestions:
>
> Does brightcove support ratings? If so, can they be enabled (web 2.0-
> like)?
>
> Would it be possible to put up slides from some of the talks?
> Specifically the slides from the Aza Raskin's presentation.
>
> Thanks, Oleh.
>
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Dan Saffer <dan at odannyboy.com> wrote:
>> The first set of videos from Interaction08 are now available. They
>> will soon be up on the Interaction08 conference site, but for now you
>> can view them (and embed them in your own site) via Brightcove.tv:
>>
>> Concept Ideation and IxD, Gretchen Anderson
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319101&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Experience Design, Convergence + The Digital Agency, David Armano
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319087&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Effective Prototyping Methods, Jonathan Arnowitz
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319296&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Classic Design Movements and IxD: Kissing Cousins?, Chris Bernard
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319111&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Help Me! A New Approach to Support Interactions, Doug Bolin
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319281&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Concept Models: A Tool for Planning Interaction, Dan Brown
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414289526&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> An Insurgency of Quality, Alan Cooper
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1416866797&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> New IxDA Board, Dave Malouf
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415621296&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> IxD for Community Empowerment, Carl DiSalvo
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1411851460&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Self-Conscious Gaming, Andrew Hieronymi
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415631211&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Designing for the Other 99%, Morten Hjerde
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414281550&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Designing for SpaceTime, Building in No-Time, Matt Jones
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327695&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Redesigning Sony-Ericsson's Product Catalog, Saskia Idzerda
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1415631194&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Intervention-Interaction, Sigi Moeslinger
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327646&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> New Interaction Model for a Modular Personal Infotainment System,
>> Sajid Saiyed
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414327521&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Strategic Boredom, Molly Wright Steenson
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319103&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Interaction Across Disciplines, Michele Tepper
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319228&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Ethics of Everyday Design, Gabriel White
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319098&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> User Interface Design in an Agile Environment: Enter the Design
>> Studio, Jeff White and Jim Unger
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414319116&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>> Fieldwork and Sketching: Translating Research Themes into Conceptual
>> Designs, Susan Wyche
>> <http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1414289497&channel=1274129191
>> >
>>
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>>
>> Dan Saffer
>> Co-Chair, Interaction08
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________________________________________
>> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Oleh Kovalchuke
> Interaction Design is the Design of Time
> http://www.tangospring.com/IxDtopicWhatIsInteractionDesign.htm

17 Feb 2008 - 5:49am
Sarah Allen
2005

What about Dramatic Features in Interaction Design by Chris Conley? I
don't see his video in either set. I'm sorry I missed it and would
like to check it out.

Thanks,
Sarah

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=25901

17 Feb 2008 - 10:17am
Dan Saffer
2003

On Feb 17, 2008, at 2:49 AM, Sarah Allen wrote:

> What about Dramatic Features in Interaction Design by Chris Conley? I
> don't see his video in either set.

We'll look into it. It should be available unless there were some
technical issues.

Thanks,

Dan

17 Feb 2008 - 12:24pm
Nasir Barday
2006

The video will be available shortly. Our post-production team is still
cranking this last one out. Look out for it on the Interaction 08 site at
http://interaction08.ixda.org/ in the coming days. We'll have all the videos
posted there soon.

Thanks,
- Nasir

6 Mar 2008 - 12:04pm
Meredith Noble
2010

Not to be impatient :) but is there any news on the Chris Conley video
yet? It's one that I'm really eager to share with my colleagues.
Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement about it!

Thanks!

Meredith

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=25901

6 Mar 2008 - 3:47pm
Paul Aldighieri
2008

The other video that seems to be missing is the keynote from Malcom
McCullough. Does anyone know if that will get posted?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=25901

6 Mar 2008 - 5:27pm
Dan Saffer
2003

Unfortunately there were technical problems with Malcolm's keynote
video and it is likely we won't have it to distribute.

There was a rumor about a bootleg of it (seriously), but I have yet to
see it.

Dan

Syndicate content Get the feed