JOB: Senior Interaction Designer (mobile) at Fjord, Helsinki, Finland. Permanent or freelance
4 Feb 2008 - 6:48am
JOB: Senior Interaction Designer (mobile) - permanent or freelance
Company: Fjord Oy, Helsinki, Finland
More information about Fjord available in http://www.fjord.fi
We are looking for self-motivated team members who are passionate
about interactive media and want to learn new skills, work in
multidisciplinary teams, and deliver excellent quality solutions to
leading companies in the following sectors: Media, Telecoms and
Internet Information Providers. The work Fjord delivers ranges from
mobile services to Web, Interactive TV, and digital interfaces
embedded in physical environments.
We expect the successful candidate to have several years experience of
delivering interface design solutions for various clients. Ideally the
candidate has worked in a collaborative team environment before, and
has experience of interacting with multinational clients.
The candidate must have an understanding of how to deliver excellent
quality solutions on smaller portable screens.
Deep working knowledge of standard interaction design tools like
Illustrator, Omnigraffle and MS Visio are a must. Experience with
Flash or other prototyping tools would be very beneficial too.
• Conduct individual user interviews as input for projects,
participate in or conduct focus groups, conduct expert evaluation of
• Conduct benchmarking of services and applications to discover and
define best practice in the given subject area.
• Define the overall service structure, including flow charts and
• Create wireframes to best illustrate and document a service in detail.
• Participate in the creation of rapid prototypes to illustrate a
service or application as it would appear after implementation. Will
be used for testing or for internal evaluation. Demos and prototypes
often need to run both on a PC and a handset (usually only one
• Support the creation of, or create, functional or UI specifications
for services or applications.
• Cooperate with visual designers to solve problems and create full
design solutions on projects.
• Facilitate client or internal workshops or brainstorms.
• Collaborate with project managers or office MD to structure project
work, plan and execute on client proposals or pitches, and take
responsibility for overall quality of design solutions and successful
delivery of client work.
• Strategic and creative input on a variety of projects: participate
at the early stages of service or application definition and
send your application by email including CV and portfolio to sergio at fjord.fi