JOB User Experience Designer Boston, MA EILab Full Time
1 Feb 2008 - 4:23pm
User Experience Designer
Reports to Creative Director, Creative Services.
The user interface designer architects, designs, produces, and tests
userinterface concepts and initiatives, serving multiple internal and
customers in a fast-paced, evolving company.
Personally, s/he will be easily liked and respected with a natural warmth
and sense of humor that invites interaction. S/he will exhibit the integrity
and values that are the extension of those of the company: accessible,
credible, team-oriented, organized, energetic, service and customer driven.
S/he will provide leadership by establishing quality standards and best
practices for web-based application user experience and interface design.
Must be willing and able to mentor and support both creative and engineering
team members, and drive a user experience-driven application design process.
This position requires both the ability to design as well as architect,
plan, usability test, and hands-on produce web-based interface solutions.
The candidate should enjoy the full lifecycle process for all of these
elements of UI development.
Candidates should submit a portfolio of implemented solutions, to be
considered for this position.
- Experience using Visio and Photoshop to create flow charts,
interface mockups and designs
- Demonstrated experience with wireframing and rapid prototype design
- Experience with use case analysis and
- 6+ years as an interactive designer for e-commerce/web
- Ability to design/create/optimize graphical assets, typography, and
- Strong analytical and process-oriented problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of interface design standards and best practices
- Strong grounding in user-centered design theory and practice
- Experience customizing native and third party interfaces for open
- Experience building user-centric communities such as blogs, wikis,
user profiles, chat, and other, and the workflows associated with
- Experience with gathering and structuring user requirements and use
- Experience and comfort working with back end developers of scalable
solutionsExperience designing, implementing, and validating interface
solutions with high degrees of usability and intuitivity
Demonstrated ability to develop new skills and self-driven
learnerPrior startup or small business experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Behavioral
Sciences, Human Factors/Ergonomics, Computer Science,
UserInterface/Interaction Design or related field is required
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, only the most
qualified candidates will be contacted. Please email your resume to: eilabcareers at icseilab.com