TomTom is actively recruiting for talented Interaction Designers. TomTom
is one of Europe's fastest growing, most successful and most innovative
consumer electronics companies. As a leading provider of personal
navigation products and services, we focus on innovation, quality, ease
of use and value. Since 1991 the company has grown substantially, and we
are European market leader for personal navigation devices. Our
navigation solutions are used in 20 countries with a mission to further
expand our global customer base. TomTom has its headquarters located in
Amsterdam, and has offices in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia.
The Interaction Designer will join the User Experience team at TomTom,
which is at the forefront of product design and innovation, and has an
absolute commitment to delivering the best possible experience to our
This position provides an opportunity to work within an exciting,
supportive team, to interact with Usability Engineers, Requirements
Managers, Product Managers and Developers and to gain valuable insights
into the product creation process at TomTom.
The Interaction Designer defines the basic concept for the interactive
product to meet the project objectives and in relation to the project
constraints. He or she applies a User-Centered Design (UCD) methodology
to understand users and their needs in order to create the most
compelling experience for TomTom users.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES:
The Interaction Designer is responsible for:
* The interaction design of products or features.
* Primary contact for all design issues (as design lead).
* The design process within projects and time estimations of
* To perform user analysis and documenting it appropriately
(e.g. personas, scenarios, or task models).
* To perform product analysis to assess possibilities for
improvement and documenting it (e.g. expert reviews).
* To translate business and user requirements to the final
design concept (design idea, functional design, information architecture
and interaction design).
* To monitor the implementation process to ensure that the final
product matches the design specifications.
* To design, plan and execute usability tests.
We're looking for candidates with 3+ years of interaction design
experience. Right now, your job title may be interaction, interface or
user experience designer, information architect, or even GUI developer.
To be successful in this role, you will need a passion for great design
and a holistic understanding of what makes a great user experience.
Additionally you need:
* At least three years professional experience designing digital
products and services in an Internet or Consumer Electronics companu.
* A master degree in Media & Design, Human Computer Interaction
or Industrial Design.
* Experience with Visio, Photoshop, Axure or similar tools.
* A strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational,
logical and analytical skills.
* Creative problem solving techniques to come up with innovative
* A good understanding of interactive technologies.
* Strong understanding of usability engineering.
* Good presentation and writing skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), without copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any other way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belonging to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other information.