job: Senior User Interface designer/Mountain View, California/Fulltime-Intuit
17 Jan 2008 - 3:41pm
JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
JOB TITLE: Senior User Interface designer (64540)
JOB DURATION: FTE
Intuit's Small Business Division is looking for a strong designer with skills and experience in UI architecture and interaction design to help design online applications in our payroll organization. Candidates will be able to think in terms of end-to-end UI design, apply strategic thinking and business goals to design work, focus on usability and understand aesthetic values. Candidate will work as a hands-on UI designer and will be responsible for delivering all aspects of design from concept to working with development on implementation
*Produce great design work that shines with simplicity despite complexity of the system.
*Define implementation criteria, guidelines, and specs. Work with other designers, researchers, management, and your group to produce jaw dropping work.
*Turn ideas into amazing design.
*Be both creative and pragmatic.
*Enjoy generating and evangelizing team and product vision and have proven customer affinity and user empathy
*Hold direct responsibility for creating the user interface of key customer experiences and projects, concentrating on end-to-end scenarios and top user tasks
* Learn new technology quickly, from the core applications being developed to new design tools
* Be capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management
* Compare and contrast various design solutions, taking technical, resource, and time constraints into account
* Prioritize among competing assignments, features, user tasks and needs
* Illustrate experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation
* Be tolerant of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
* Be a creative problem-solver and an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Exhibit ability to collaborate with user researchers, UI text writers, peer designers, and art directors; illustrate productive collaboration with other corporate peers and sponsors
* Five-years plus product/interaction design, industrial design, or graphic design degree
* Degree in Design, Design related field, or equivalent experience
* Eight or more years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience)
* Experience in shipping high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning software products preferred.
* Strong portfolio available for viewing
* Proficient in prototyping and mock up skills to convey ideas and concepts
* Expertise in Adobe or other design software [Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.]
* Understanding of DHTML, scripting, and web technologies
* Worked as a hands-on UI design practitioner for web software.
* Experience in Flash, Flex, WPF, or dynamic front end software tools always a plus