Senior User Experience Designer - Information Architecture & User Experience
The Best Job You'll Ever Have.
Ascentium Corporation is an award-winning, integrated technology and marketing consultancy with a proven track record in delivering information-driven business solutions to achieve our client's strategic objectives. Our business is pairing strategy, technology and marketing to help the operations, marketing and sales organizations inside companies work together to grow their business. And we're really good at it.
To become even better at it, our Bellevue, WA, Portland, OR, and Austin, TX offices are seeking entrepreneurial Senior User Experience Designers to join our rapidly growing Information Architecture & User Experience team.
Senior User Experience Designers are responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and communicating user-centered design solutions for our customers. You will work as a contributor on cross-disciplinary teams which include marketing, creative, user research, business consulting, and technology team members. You will serve as a user-centered design expert, ensuring that the most effective, innovative, and usable solutions are created for our customers. You will work with customers and end users to understand business requirements, user needs, business processes, and to present design concepts and deliverables. You will serve as the primary user advocate throughout the design and implementation process.
* Contribute to the acquisition, maintenance and enhancement of customer relationships through outstanding communication and project execution
* Work with clients to understand their business models and goals and create design solutions to further those goals
* Select appropriate methods and deliverables to meet project, schedule and budget constraints
* Define the architecture, navigation, user flows and experiences, information and interaction designs that effectively and directly solve customer needs
* Create and document information design concepts and solutions by various means, including sketches, diagrams, maps, storyboards, and rapid prototypes
* Represent the discipline, and Ascentium, in customer meetings and presentations
* Assist in sales and business development efforts as required, from requirements gathering and research to writing formal proposals and presentation materials
* Assist in developing the user-centered design community, its methods, and its cross-disciplinary expertise
* Be an advocate for the user
* MS/MA degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Library Science, Technical Communications, Anthropology, or related field.
* 7 or more years experience in a user-centered design role, preferably in a consulting environment
* 3 or more years of direct Internet-related design experience including the design of web sites and web applications or services
* Proven ability to quickly understand a customer's business model and processes
* Proven ability to create effective, elegant, and usable design solutions
* Strong knowledge of user-centered design practices, principles, issues, and techniques
* Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic, collaborative environment
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills
* Proven ability to scope and deliver interaction design projects on time and within budget
Rock Stars Wanted
You have a name, a face, and a craft. If you're not getting proper recognition for that, we should talk.
Employee quality of life is one of our core values, right alongside sustained profitability and customer loyalty. We believe all those things are connected: you can't have successful customers without successful people behind them. And that's exactly who we're looking for.
How do we define a successful person? Others seek you out to be part of their team-and not just because you're smart and have good ideas. They also want you for the way you work and the kind of person you are.
So that's what we mean when we call someone a rock star.
Consider what that means to you and contact us. careers at ascentium.com<mailto:careers at ascentium.com>
Sr Creative Recruiter