job/Application Interface Design Consultant l Intuit l FTE l Mountain View, CA
22 Nov 2007 - 1:40am
Intuit isn't just another place to work. It's a company made up of smart, motivated people with a passion for what they do - developing, marketing and supporting products and services that transform the way people and small businesses around the world manage their finances. We take pride in our dedication to the customers who use our products and services every day.
Intuit offers some of the best rewards in the industry. We don't think you'll find another employer more dedicated to its employees' success.
The Small Business Division's Experience Design group is tasked with designing the user experience for the Quicken and QuickBooks family of products and services. Candidate will turn ideas into amazing designs that delight our customers, by solving important customer problems end-to-end, being easy and efficient to use, and delivering emotional engagement and unexpected wow.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
* Provide application interface designs and design consulting on product teams from concept development through delivery.
* Define and design new products, as well as re-work of current desktop and Internet-based offerings.
* Aid in concept development through focus groups, user interviews, surveys and observational studies.
* Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team, including members of the User Research, Engineering, Marketing, Product Support, QA, and Documentation teams.
* Manage the design process, drive decisions, create schedules, track issues.
* Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your designs.
* Perform design reviews and partner with User Research in usability testing during various phases of the product development to evaluate and iterate the designs.
* Collaborate with designers and product developers to maintain consistent look and feel across the product lines.
* Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you.
* Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends.
* Participate in and foster the Intuit Experience Design Community.
Required Education & Experience:
* Four-year product/interaction design, industrial design, human factors, or related degree
* 5+ years of user interface design experience with Web applications and sites, desktop, or mobile applications
* Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology in creating desktop and internet applications.
* Strong project and people management skills and be able to function as project leader as well as individual contributor
* Expertise with design software, such as Photoshop or Illustrator
* Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ajax, Flash, DHTML, scripting, and various other technologies a plus