JOB # User Experience Specialist # Boston, MA # EILab Inc. # Full Time
8 Nov 2007 - 5:39pm
5 years ago
User Experience Specialist
Reports to Art Director, Creative Services.
The user experience specialist executes both user interface concepts and
initiatives, serving multiple internal and external customers in a
fast-paced, evolving company..
Personally, s/he will be easily liked and respected with a natural warmth
and sense of humor that invites interaction. S/he will exhibit the integrity
and values that are the extension of those of the company: accessible,
credible, team-oriented, organized, energetic, service and customer driven.
Must be willing and able to mentor and support fellow team members.
This position requires both web-based technical and aesthetic design
skills. Candidates should submit a portfolio of implemented solutions, to be
considered for this position
- Experience customizing interfaces for open source frameworks
- Experience building user-centric communities such as blogs, wikis,
user profiles, chat, and other.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new skills and self-driven learner
- Prior experience with wireframing and rapid prototype design
- Experience and comfort working with back end developers of scalable
- Experience designing, implementing, and validating interface
solutions with high degrees of usability and intuitivity
- Strong analytical and process-oriented problem-solving skills
Prior startup or small business experience preferred
- CSS, XHTML, AJAX, DHTML and Flex experience required
- PHP or other open source experience desireable
- Ability to design/create/optimize graphical assets, typography, and
- Experiencing producing audio and video media for streaming user
- 6+ years as an interactive designer for e-commerce/web
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Behavioral
Sciences, Human Factors/Ergonomics, Computer Science, User
Interface/Interaction Design or related field is required
- Expert knowledge of interface design standards and best practices
- Strong grounding in user-centered design theory and practice
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, only the most
qualified candidates will be contacted.