JOB # Sr. Interaction Designer/ UX Designer # Los Angeles # Belkin
7 Nov 2007 - 1:02pm
Sr. Interaction Designers / UX Designers
Full-time & Freelance
Los Angeles, CA
Design the Total Experience. Get in on the ground floor.
Do you want to design the entire consumer experience? At Belkin you
could be doing strategy and design work for product interfaces,
instruction guides, out-of-box, web apps, in-store signage, packaging,
manuals, product graphics, and desktop software. If you have a holistic
vision for the user's experience and you are very broadly skilled, this
job is for you.
Belkin International, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high technology
products for consumers and business. Our broad product lines include our
popular iPod accessories, stylish and useful laptop accessories, and
leading N1 wireless networking gear. Belkin products are globally
recognized in the marketplace for their good design, ease of use, and
innovation. Headquartered in Los Angeles California, the company has
twice made Inc. magazine's list of the 500 fastest growing privately
held companies in the U.S. Check us out at http://www.belkin.com
We have both full-time and freelance positions open. The job description
below applies to full time people, but freelancers have similar roles
* Create and deliver fantastic user experiences across numerous
* Be an advocate for user needs
* Use your skills and knowledge to influence how products get developed
* Be part of a team of creative and smart people
* Handle all of the UX / interaction design requests from the business
unit assigned to you.
* Interact with Belkin's product development and marketing teams
* Create project deliverables, such as scenarios, flowcharts,
wireframes, prototypes, and detailed designs.
* Work with other related people, like user researchers and usability
* Manage your own projects like an internal consultant: high quality,
valuable, on-time results.
* Help Belkin to further integrate user-centered design methodology
* When possible, help your assigned business unit define their vision
for future plans and products
* Supervise outside vendors if needed for your projects
* Minimum 5 years experience in user centered design (8 years experience
* Preferred: Masters degree in interaction design. Acceptable:
Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction,
industrial design, graphic design, human factors, or related field
* Experience and expertise in user centered design processes and
* Years of experience in product creation and/or software/site
development processes. Experience in consumer electronics is a plus.
* Intuitive understanding and empathy for everyday users: their
motivators, their goals, their barriers
* Ability to turn complex design challenges into innovative elegant
solutions, and to put those solutions into tangible form.
* Proven track record of user centered design projects and deliverables
* Years of experience working with other related disciplines such as
usability engineering and prototyping/coding.
* Ability to explain usability and user experience to other
departments-- in their language.
* Experience participating in user research and usability testing
* A good understanding of graphic design and an ability to use visual
design techniques to organize information and improve usability
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively or independently
* Ability to prioritize projects and to meet critical deadlines
* Ability to run presentation meetings, design reviews, and creative
* Proven track record of working with people on all levels in a
company-- executive suite to the warehouse
* A positive outlook and a can-do attitude
Belkin International, Inc.
323 469-1559 fax www.belkin.com
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.