JOB: UX Design Lead at Gary Jonas Computing (Richmond Hill, ON) Full Time
6 Nov 2007 - 6:59pm
UX Design Lead
Gary Jonas Computing Ltd.
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
The UX Design Lead career opportunity is for the CHO product development
team within the Jonas/CSG organization and is responsible for leading the
efforts to deliver compelling experiences, visual identity, and overall
design thought leadership in an important suite of online services.
This person must have a strong attention to detail. This position will have
the duties of both leading and playing an individual contributor role on the
team. The UX Design Lead will be responsible for ensuring that the team
meets its overall deliverables. You will help set the vision for the future
web experience and ensure the highest level of usability, desirability and
You will research, design and prototype product experiences that meet
demanding quality standards. We require a proven ability to articulate ideas
through high fidelity prototypes and the ability to work with a development
team to produce industry leading solutions.
Reporting to the Manager of Web Development, the core responsibilities of
the position are to:
* Create compelling, responsive and intuitive user experiences.
* Work with a development team to produce fluid user interactions in a
manner that hides the complexity of the underlying systems.
* Ensure site adheres to international accessibility requirements
(ADA Section 508 ,W3C WCAG A, AA, AAA)
* Maintain user interface standards by documenting and following
common web page design patterns and CSS styles.
This position requires varying degrees of expertise in:
* 6-9 years of experience
* Bachelor degree in interaction design, visual design or related
* Proficient in web technologies: HTML/XHTML/DHTML, CSS, XAML,
* Is experienced in accessibility requirements
* An online portfolio for review.
* Knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and
their design constraints on the web.
* Ability to produce storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes.
* Application Experience
* Adobe Photoshop CS3
* Microsoft Expression Web / Design / Blend
* Visual Studio .NET 2005/2008 / Visual Source Safe
* Good understanding of web concepts, HTTP communications
. Resume in Word, .PDF or HTML, saved under your full name.
. Samples of your work in jpg or .PDF formats or URL for online
The ideal candidate will be a highly creative and self-motivated problem
solver with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously. Must
have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.