User Experience Designer at Harris Corporation - Waterloo, Ontario, Full
Interested in designing software to be used in playing out live HD
broadcast graphics and 3D animations on air for high exposure television
programs around the world? Then you may be interested in this role with
Harris Corporation. We are looking for an User Experience Designer to
join our Inscriber Graphics product team. Harris Inscriber graphics and
titling products provide industry leading solutions for broadcast and
post production. In both live and offline environments, the Inscriber
family of products offer a competitive edge with the highest quality
video output possible and increased productivity workflow.
The main role of the User Experience Designer will be to help define
user requirements, interactively design, prototype and specify user
interfaces, software components and behaviors for immediate use in our
leading edge broadcast computer graphics product line. The candidate
will also be responsible for maintaining consistency for the user's
experience within the entire product line both from a branding and
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the development manager and project teams to
establish and ensure compliance with an organizational design strategy.
- Lead the effort with product managers and development staff to
understand and define project requirements.
- Define user profiles and cases, in order to translate them into
usable and elegant Window's based user interface and interaction
- Works closely with other members of the project team to negotiate
implementation issues and supports the development effort.
- Maintain, improve and audit UI specifications and guidelines against
existing products and competitor products.
- Research into design and usability best practices to maintain best
- Performs other tasks as may be required by the Company.
- 5+ years experience with a Diploma or Degree in Graphic or
Information Design, Computer Sciences and/or industry experience.
- Design knowledge and sensitivity to color, typography and spatial
relationship of objects within a confined medium.
- Some understanding of user centered design principles and methods.
- Able to collaborate with members of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to learn quickly in a constantly
- Experience using Microsoft Windows applications, such as the Office
- Experience using design applications such as Photoshop and Visio
NICE TO HAVE
- Practiced and delivered User Centered Design deliverables in an
end-to-end product development lifecycle for software
- Experience with RUP or other types of use case/requirements
- Experience designing and specifying user interfaces for Windows based
software products within the Broadcast Industry
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidelines for developing