[JOB] Art Director at Artefact in Seattle, WA - Full Time
1 Nov 2007 - 5:06pm
Art Director at Artefact in Seattle, WA, Full Time
Here is an opportunity for an Creative/Art Director with ambition,
talent and a desire to work in an energetic and dynamic small creative
environment. You will be part of a new and growing group of interaction
design consultants and researchers working on a variety of projects from
web design, games to consumer hardware products and enterprise business
software. You must have a strong interest in product design and
outstanding capabilities in visual design, and a passion and drive to
make digital experiences as simple, beautiful and elegant as possible.
You will participate in design programs and enjoy collaborating with
other designers to solve complex communication challenges. You will work
closely with researchers, customers and clients to define new product
experiences expressed through different types of output, from print,
digital design to motion graphics. You have mastered and are proficient
in numerous software tools for designing a broad array of visual design
elements. You will need to demonstrate a portfolio of work that
communicates stunning examples of creative problem solving in the realm
of visual, print or web design (HTML/Flash). You will possess a deep
understanding of visual styles, typography, visual trends and be able to
talk passionately about branding and principles of communication design.
* Define appropriate visual styles and visual language elements
for new product experiences. Engage in strategic creative direction to
describe visual design strategy for our clients.
* Create stunning and inspiring visual design that helps
communicate different possible stylistic or functional directions.
* Direct and critique other designers in production of visual
style guides, icons, animation, layout, fonts.
* Analyze and interpret brand experiences on an emotional level
and develop a unique point of view about how to extend and improve them.
* Work collaboratively with user experience designers to develop
innovative designs by prioritizing visual design.
* Produce Reports, style guides, print materials, posters, and
other collateral brand materials for clients and Artefact.
* BA or MA in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
* An online design portfolio demonstrating incredible creative
talent, ability to generate beautiful creative work, and thorough
understanding of good design process.
* 4-10 years of professional visual design work predominantly in
the realm of digital media.
* Able to accomplish objectives within tight timelines and possess
proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, After
Effects, In-design, or equivalent.
* All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to
work in the United States.