Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel Web site with consistently lower prices on airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Launched in 2000 with funding from six major airlines, Hotwire negotiates deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help sell their excess inventory. Hotwire is a wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) and is based in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com/.
Hotwire.com is looking for a full-time lead interaction designer. The right candidate should be able to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment. Additionally, we are looking for someone to design interfaces that are engaging, follow usability best practices and reinforce Hotwire's visual brand.
The User Experience team is within the product management group at Hotwire, therefore you'll work closely with a mix of product leads and customer care to develop interfaces that meet business objectives and the needs of the consumer.
* Applying user-centered design practices to create high quality consumer experiences
* Defining the conceptual strategy, information architecture, user flows and interaction design for projects
* Mentoring team members
* Working closely with product managers and a product development team to define product direction and UX requirements
* Create and revise information architecture and interaction design documents, including: Conceptual IA documentation, site maps, concept diagrams, user personas or profiles, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines
* Applying usability research findings to the design process
* Assisting in the analysis of interface designs - pre and post launch
* 5-8 years experience designing consumer oriented web-based interfaces.
* A portfolio or examples of sites you've worked on is required.
* Knowledge of user interface design principles and web design best practices and web standards.
* Demonstrated ability to lead design of complex transactional interfaces
* Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment
* Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
* Knowledge of Visio or Omnigraffle.
* BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental, life insurance, vacation and sick time and much more.
Senior Manager, User Experience
333 Market Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94105