JOB: User Experience Specialist, FT, San Mateo, CA
11 Oct 2007 - 6:55pm
User Experience Specialist, Global Portal/DNBi - Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for a talented, creative and motivated
full-time User Experience Specialist. The work is challenging,
creative, fast pace and intellectually stimulating. Strong analytical
skills, unwavering commitment to quality, collaborative work ethic and
cutting-edge UX skills are best fit. The newly hired individual will
join the existing product envisioning team and play an active role in
all aspects of user experience design for DNBi.
As User Experience Specialist, you will advance our high standards for
innovation, ease of use and intuitiveness and help deliver
best-in-class products for new and existing customer segments and
markets, including international markets. You will be asked to:
* Ensure that our products are the easiest-to-use, most-intuitive
products in the market
* Help define and enact a customer research strategy to provide
relentless focus on improving user experience and usability
* Work with both internal and external resources to conduct research
that influences both product design and roadmap decisions
* Execute on lab-based, web-based (remote), focus group and field tests
* Publish results and recommendations that translate customer feedback
into actionable product enhancements.
* Brainstorm and refine interface concepts with Web Design and Product
Management to maintain our award-winning user experience
* Work with the team to architect a user interface schema to enforce
consistency within a product and across products
* Create user interaction and usability principles, guidelines and metrics
* Identify and promote best practices in usability and interaction design
* Strong grounding in user-centered design theory and practice
* Experienced in user research fundamentals including study design,
data collection, interviewing techniques, and basic statistics.
* Three or more years of experience in designing and conducting
various types of user research studies.
* Excellent observational and analytical capabilities as well as oral
and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well in cross-functional teams, including business
owners, product managers, and UI designers.
* Proven track record for
* Taking initiative to create a best-in-class user experience
* Translating customer feedback into innovative, easy-to-use interfaces
* Understanding business needs and creating products that make sense
for both the user and the business
* Building consensus across departments on design decisions
* Attention to detail
* A strong desire to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment where
your personal success is critical to overall company growth.
* Experience working with web-based products is preferred, with
emphasis on financial or credit products a plus.