JOB: User Experience Designer, Vertigo Software, Point Richmond CA, Full Time
7 Sep 2007 - 5:16pm
Vertigo Software<http://www.vertigo.com/> (www.vertigo.com), a leading provider of software development and consulting services on the Microsoft platform, is in the business of innovation. We help our clients address their most crucial business needs by designing elegant software solutions that are solid user experiences at their core.
We are seeking a user experience designer with a strong foundation in interaction design, information architecture, and visual design to join our team. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience working on a range of projects, including database-driven, web applications. You demonstrate a proven ability to understand complex, mission-critical tasks and user behaviors and translate them into engaging and intuitive interfaces. You are passionate about design, confident in your process, and articulate in your communication with clients and colleagues.
In this position you will own the user experience through all phases of product development, collaborating with client domain experts and users to define product vision and requirements, and with world-class engineers to ensure that your design vision is alive and kicking in the final product.
At Vertigo, you will get experience designing rich applications that leverage the latest software development technologies. You will also help shape Vertigo's identity as a design leader, as we re-envision our practice with future challenges and opportunities in mind.
Our culture is uniquely collaborative and supportive. We are constantly learning and experimenting, and constantly delivering at the same time. We dream by doing.
If this sounds like you, we'd like to hear from you! Please e-mail your resume in Word or PDF format to btan at vertigo.com<mailto:btan at vertigo.com> with "User Experience Design Position" in the subject. Please include a link to your online portfolio.
Vertigo Software, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and offers a challenging and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and opportunities for professional growth. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; short and long-term disability coverage; and vacation benefits. We offer an annual profit sharing bonus plan and a 401(k) plan.
* Design and specify user interfaces for large-scale, custom applications using participatory and iterative design techniques
* Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis,
* Produce user requirements specifications, personas, scenarios, wireframes and flow diagrams, design prototypes, and design specifications
* Collaborate within interdisciplinary teams that include design, development, project management, and business development
* Articulate design rationales to the team and clients (live presentation and written formats)
* 3-5 years of user interface design experience, with a focus on web-based and client-based productivity applications
* Solid knowledge of user interface design processes and methodologies; specific knowledge in information design/information visualization principles
* Excellent consulting skills; proven track-record in developing and maintaining strong client relationships
* Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft's Expression Studio
* Knowledge of various user research methodologies and experience contributing to user studies (i.e., planning, test scripts, paper-based and electronic assets)
* Experienced contributor within the entire product development life-cycle
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, or related design discipline