JOB: Visual Interface Designer, Vertigo Software, Point Richmond CA, Full Time
7 Sep 2007 - 4:49pm
Vertigo Software<http://www.vertigo.com/> (www.vertigo.com), a leading provider of software development and consulting services on the Microsoft platform, is in the business of innovation. We help our clients address their most crucial business needs by designing refined software solutions that are solid user experiences at their core.
Are you passionate about transforming data into useful, beautiful information through design? About crafting software that blows people away with its elegance and simplicity? Then please contact us! Vertigo is seeking to hire a tack-sharp visual interface designer to join our growing team of world-class designers and creative developers in our Point Richmond, CA office. In this position, you will contribute your visual design expertise and highly collaborative spirit to a wide range of software design challenges, from complex line-of-business applications to R&D explorations of the latest platforms and technologies. As an ideal candidate, you refuse to overlook a single pixel in delivering truly innovative user experiences. You look challenges square in the eye, see opportunities everywhere, and are constantly experimenting. You are tenacious (read: articulate and engaging) about your team's collective vision, and you work to ensure that it is alive and kicking in the final product.
If this sounds like you, we'd like to hear from you! Please e-mail your resume in Word or PDF format to btan at vertigo.com<mailto:btan at vertigo.com>with "User Experience Design Position" in the subject. Please include a link to your online portfolio.
Vertigo Software, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and offers a challenging and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and opportunities for professional growth. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; short and long-term disability coverage; and vacation benefits. We offer an annual profit sharing bonus plan and a 401(k) plan.
To qualify, you MUST have:
* Excellent visual/typographic design skills, with specific knowledge in information design/information visualization principles
* 3+ years of user interface design experience, with a focus on complex, highly interactive software applications
* Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodologies; experience working within multi-disciplinary teams
* Proficiency in standard design production applications (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash);
* Solid consulting skills and a proven track-record in developing and maintaining strong client relationships
"Nice to have" qualifications include:
* Knowledge/experience with emerging Microsoft tools and platforms including Expression Studio, WPF, and Silverlight
* Interaction design skills
* Time-based media design experience