JOB: Experience Architect, London, LOVEFiLM, Full Time
6 Sep 2007 - 4:01am
Job Title Experience Architect
Role Information Architecture & Interaction Design
Package £45,000 - £55,000
LOVEFiLM is looking for an exceptional information architect/interaction designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a practical-minded perfectionist with the ability to both create compelling concepts and work through complex details. We are looking for an experienced practitioner who can handle a range of project types - some of them simultaneously - from discovery, to concept, to design. You should have extensive experience working in collaborative environments, integrating user-centred design, technology, and business strategy, and managing clients. You should enjoy working independently, taking initiative, and innovating.
LOVEFiLM.com is the UK's No.1 online DVD rental and film download service and operates throughout Europe in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany. The service already has over 500,000 members and is increasingly becoming a destination film and movie entertainment site in its own right.
The Company's principal goal is to attract and retain subscribers and our ability to do so will depend largely on providing subscribers with a consistently high quality experience for selecting, viewing, receiving and returning titles. Our aim is 100% subscriber satisfaction, 100% of the time.
We have ambitious growth plans for new subscribers and customers and these plans will depend on being able to maintain an excellent reputation for quality of service.
· Reporting to the Product Director.
· Design the information architecture and interaction architecture for LOVEFiLM and partner white label websites; Web 2.0 plug-ins and widgets in third-party sites; desktop gadgets; desktop software for video delivery; and simple but viral games;.
· Work in close collaboration with the Product Director and internal teams to develop initial strategy - addressing product, brand, marketing, content, and overall user experience.
· Manage user research efforts including contextual interviews and usability testing
· Lead client workshops and meetings.
· Create deliverables including user personas, user goals, usage scenarios, conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards, page/screen wireframes, content inventories, metadata models and detailed functional specifications.
· Develop new types of deliverables, workshops, or presentations as necessary.
· Collaborate with visual designers, technical developers, and project managers to generate ground-breaking products.
· Direct the work of contractors.
· Contribute to LOVEFiLM's positive internal atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into new fields or industries.
· Excellent experience of information architecture and interaction design for the web.
· Experience conducting user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing
· An outstanding portfolio of detailed wireframes, site maps, interaction flows, navigation systems, functional specifications and metadata models.
· Ability to articulate business strategy and branding issues, and to balance these with user needs and technological constraints.
· Superb writing and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external clients, communicate persuasively, and resolve issues.
· Experience working in small collaborative teams
· Experience of designing integrated search and browse interfaces with faceted filtering preferably for an e-commerce website.
· Familiarity with technical issues around web development and ability to work constructively with engineering teams
· Great attitude and ability to handle change
· Ability to work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively
· Creativity and attention to detail
Additional Qualifications (nice-to-haves)
· Formal training and/or qualifications in Information Architecture and Interaction Design.
· Experience of optimising the user experience for site search, including analysing search logs
· Background in the media and entertainment industry
· Experience of social networking and community based sites.
· Background in software UI or industrial design
· Background in graphic design
· Leadership and/or management experience, including project management