UX Designer - Microsoft/ FTE/Mountain View, California
1 Sep 2007 - 10:28pm
Erez Kikin Gil
COMPANY NAME: Microsoft
JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
JOB TITLE: UX Designers
JOB DURATION: Full time.
Come join one of the most exciting user experience teams at Microsoft - a team whose day-to-day challenges include shaping the next generation of Windows Live Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Web IM, Gallery, and more. Our Silicon Valley User Experience team is seeking innovative, talented, and creative UX designers who are excited about delighting customers in all aspects of their lives.
Responsibilities include designing holistic solutions to key UX challenges, creating mockups and prototypes for iterative design, developing cross-product UI guidelines, and working with engineering to get the designs built. The designer will work both independently and collaboratively with UX and product team. The Designer will be an integral member of the UX team, helping to drive the future of our products.
The designers should have a proven record of creating product designs that meet business needs, partner requirements, and user scenarios. You’ll bring strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills, plus the strong communication and presentation skills necessary to effectively present, explain, negotiate, and monitor design solutions.
Knowledge & Skills:
• 5 years designing and prototyping web and desktop applications, authoring product work flow and user interaction specifications.
• Candidate needs to have a combination of information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills.
• Prototyping experience using tools like Flash and Director is an advantage.
• Educational background could include Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, and Architecture.
• The candidate should have an online portfolio that demonstrates his/her capabilities.