Job- Sr Information Architect, Yonkers, NY, ConsumerReports.org
2 Aug 2007 - 9:52am
Sr. Information Architect / ConsumerReports.org
Seeking a Sr. Information Architect to play a key leadership role in establishing this critical discipline within our company. The right candidate will have the strategic and execution skills to take user-experience on ConsumerReports.org and our other Web properties to the next level. The Sr. IA will lead information architecture for all development projects, from tool build-outs to complex channel integrations and new product launches. They’ll work collaboratively with a cross functional team - including editorial, design, product management, IT and marketing - to create intuitive, user-friendly solutions for complex brand, business and consumer challenges.
* Lead information architecture efforts for all development projects: In the upfront process, work to develop creative solutions to business and consumer challenges. In the IA phase generate or manage development of storyboards, task flows, wire-frames, prototypes, and taxonomies.
* Work closely with outside design agencies and/or freelancers on projects. Help to recruit a talented freelance pool.
* Establish IA best practices for the organization. Set and evolve optimal site conversions and standards. Analyze and document existing website content structure, taxonomy, page templates, and interfaces
* Play an integral role in site usability testing. Help to plan and conduct usability tests, evaluate results, and provide recommendations for improvements
* Assist the Design Director in defining department resource needs for IA going forward.
* Be an active advocate for this discipline within the organization: mentor staff and sr. leadership around key usability concepts and practical applications. Be a spur for innovative thinking in this area.
* 8+ years of practical experience as an IA, with a minimum of 2 years in a lead role at either a major agency or a large commercial Web site.
* Demonstrated familiarity with user-experience best practices and standards, and a proven track record in applying them. Must be able to provide work samples of prior successes with usable interfaces, efficient page-level templates, and clear organization for large data-base driven Web sites
* Solid managerial ability and communication skills. Must have a high-degree of comfort leading creative teams; working with outside agencies; recruiting and managing freelancers etc.
* Strong consensus-building skills and a partnering, team-oriented attitude; able to work productively in a matrixed organization.
* Highly intelligent; ability to quickly evaluate the challenges and take action.
Excel), Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.