JOB- User Experience Manager - Vodafone Group - Germany - Full time - permanent
20 Jul 2007 - 10:09am
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced User Experience Manager for Vodafone Group in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Working in the User Experience department at Vodafone Global Marketing, you will be defining the User Experience of mobile phones, mobile internet applications as well as Web and PC based services and applications. You will be working with Vodafone global marketing & technology and be the UE interface for handset manufacturers, platform vendors and internet players to deliver best-in-class user experience. The user experience team is a very dynamic and international team with people from at least 10 different nationalities. The role is based in Düsseldorf, which has one of the highest quality of life ratings in Europe and even across the world. So join us and help us define and deliver exciting products for over 200 million Vodafone customers worldwide!
· Define the User Experience for mobile phones, Vodafone live, PC applications, and rich mobile phone applications to achieve the best possible user experience and business benefits.
· Work with stakeholders in a broad range of areas (Telephony, Web, Music, Mobile messaging, Mobile TV, etc...) to identify key opportunities for UE improvements and success criteria for Vodafone services and drive them to implementation.
· Involve Vodafone's operating countries to ensure the UE of Vodafone's global products meets their needs and the customer needs in the local markets.
· Create or manage the creation of prototypes to communicate and test UI features and design alternatives.
· Evaluate UI concepts, assess design alternatives and recommend optimal UE solutions. Ensure a familiar and consistent but optimized user experience across the different Vodafone touch points (e.g. Mobile, PC, Web...etc.)
· Responsible for the UI implementation of Vodafone and partner services based on the Vodafone UE guidelines and specifications within the overall product delivery framework.
· Work directly with mobile phone manufacturers, mobile platform vendors and all major internet players to specify the highest quality user experience.
· Evaluate the usability and quality of the UI of mobile phones, platforms and applications during their development.
· Feed back identified UE quality issues to vendors and negotiate appropriate UI solutions.
· Manage UE quality issues, including tracking the resolution of issues throughout development projects, documenting UE compromises and internal escalation of unacceptable solutions.
Liaise with the Senior Visual Designer and the global brand department to ensure delivery of terminal and platform UI according to brand and visual guidelines.
· Work closely with the global terminals, marketing and technology teams to guide them through User Experience design for their projects, providing access to Vodafone global resources where appropriate and involving global stakeholders at key stages to ensure alignment.
· Identify well-defined packages of user experience research work for external agencies (eg, user testing), engage agencies and manage delivery.
· Continuously improve and maintain UE standards and Vodafone UE guidelines in collaboration with other UE managers..
Prepare the sign-off of mobile phone, web and platform UE deliverables and developments
Essential role related knowledge/skills/requirements:
· Degree in a discipline relevant to user interface design and usability (eg, Human-Computer Interaction, Design Management, Product Design, etc).
· 3-5 years of experience in a commercial product and/or service development environment. Experience in mobile telecoms (in particular terminal manufacturers and/or platform vendors) and related businesses a plus. This experience should ideally come from consumer-oriented products, with some international experience.
· Experience in applying human-centred design techniques (especially obtaining and acting on customer feedback and research), designing user interfaces, and/or managing such work.
· Strong and consistent user focus, demonstrated through unfailingly putting the user and their needs ahead of features and technology.
· Strong focus on delivery and strong negotiation skills
· Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats (all English).
· Strong ability to influence and provide thought leadership up to executive management levels.
· Proven ability to drive effective delivery in cross-functional projects in a fast-moving, high-technology environment working with both internal and external resources.
· Awareness of the organisational and cultural factors in working across an international group
Technology grounding - sufficient understanding to allow an un-daunted and informed assessment of likely technology and terminal impact on User Experience design
Vodafone Group Services GmbH
Mannesmannufer 2, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Amstgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 53554
Geschäftsführung: Helmut Hoffmann, Dr. Joachim Peters
This message and any files or documents attached are confidential and may also be legally privileged or protected by other legal rules. It is intended only for the individual or named. If you are not the named addressee or you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy or disclose it or its contents or use it for any purpose. Thank you. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free