We have 17 hours to raise $800 to reach our goals for the drive and to get our full matching dollars from Adaptive Path, today's corporate sponsor for the drive.
We are counting on us, the community to contribute and reach our goal. If you have not pledged yet and are considering it, please do it now!
The IxDA is a member-supported organization committed to serving the needs of the international interaction design community. With the help of over 4000 members, we provide a forum <http://beta.ixda.org/discuss.php> for the discussion of interaction design issues.
IxDA's mission includes:
* Evangelism. Promoting awareness of the discipline, craft, and value of interaction design and design research among businesses, academia, consumers, and colleagues
* Innovation. Advancing the discipline of interaction design
* Professionalism. Encouraging high standards of practice among interaction designers
* Education. Establishing standards for academic programs in interaction design
* Community Building. Developing a close-knit community of interaction design professionals
We can't fulfill IxDA's mission without funds in the bank. We run the IxDA in a lean way and plan to do that moving forward. But it takes some money to make something happen, like enabling local communities or planning a great conference.
Please give now. And if you can, please take advantage of Adaptive Path's great discount to their Adaptive Events by pledging $100.00.
Here is how you do it!
To contribute online, go to ixda.org and click on the "Donate" button or the "Paypal" link in the right-hand sidebar.
Alternately, you can send a check via snail mail to:
Interaction Design Association
PO Box 1181
Palo Alto, CA 94302