JOB: Senior Web Designer, Chicago, IL - Cars.com - Full Time
18 Jun 2007 - 12:38pm
We have immediate design
openings in our product development group. All positions are based in
our Chicago loop office and offer an opportunity to join a great team
working for an established, profitable, online brand that's expanding
Position: Senior Web Designer
Help establish, and evolve the look and feel of the next generation of the Cars.com site.
Cars.com, a top-tier online destination for automobile shoppers, researchers and sellers, is looking for a Senior Web Designer in its consumer product development group. Qualified applicants should possess exceptional design skills and the ability to hand code HTML/CSS. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field and extensive professional design experience. A top-notch portfolio that demonstrates versatility, sense of style and a commitment to user-centered design is a must.
We’re looking for an interactive design expert and creative problem solver with excellent communication skills - someone who is capable of leading a high-level design discussion with the entire design team.
Skills and Requirements
• Outstanding design skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or a related field
• Seven years of professional design experience
• Portfolio of previous work showcasing standout UI design
• Strong typographic and conceptual skills
• In-depth knowledge of usability best practices
• HTML/CSS expert committed to semantic markup and web-standards
• Experience maintaining and documenting design standards is preferred
• Flash and Actionscript experience is a plus