JOB: Senior Visual Designer needed for new consumer-based (Quicken Healthcare) product offering - Intuit - Mt. View, CA - FTE
8 Jun 2007 - 6:28pm
COMPANY NAME: Intuit
JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
JOB TITLE: Senior Visual Designer (63194)
JOB DURATION: FTE
Intuit is not just another place to work. It is a company made up of
smart, motivated people with a passion for what they do. We take pride
in our dedication to the customers who use our products and services
every day. Intuit offers some of the best rewards in the industry. We do
not think you will find another employer more dedicated to its employees
The Quicken Healthcare is rapidly expanding into new product areas
targeted at the consumer market. The Quicken Healthcare User Experience
team is tasked with continuing the Intuit tradition of designing
products that customers love so much they tell their friends about them.
- Generate crisp, innovative, and elegant visual and interaction design
solutions including screen layouts, color palettes, typography and user
- Effectively collaborates with brand managers, UI designers, user
researchers, business/marketing professionals, developers, and others to
meet business, user, and technical objectives.
- Enthusiastically partner with user research specialists to understand
end user goals and environments, and apply research findings throughout
- Work closely with a team of interaction designers to develop design
concepts and suggest product direction based on user research and
- Design entirely new products as well as improve existing desktop and
- Work with teams to understand key user needs, set ease of use goals,
and iterate until those goals are met.
- Mentor junior staff in all aspects of user experience design.
- 5+ years of professional software design experience.
- MFA or comparable experience in Human Computer Interaction, Product
Design, Graphic Design, or related field.
-Knowledge of current design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Dream Weaver,
Illustrator) and RIA technologies (e.g., HTML, DHTML, Flash, Flex).
- Strong knowledge of design processes and overall user experience
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully
launch new products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.