Adobe is looking for an Experience Designer to work on the user
experience for Adobe Apollo. Apollo is the codename for Adobe's new
runtime environment which combines the best capabilities of the web
(HTML, Flash and Acrobat) and allows web designers and developers to
develop desktop applications. The designer in this position will help
define the user experiences associated with developing and running
Apollo applications, as well as helping to design reference applications
built on the Apollo platform. Therefore, the ideal candidate is a
exceptional visual and interaction designer with extensive Flash and/or
Flex experience. You have experience designing and building world-class
rich internet applications. You are extremely creative and your
portfolio shows a wide variety of styles, but you are also able to adapt
to and extend a common creative vision. You have experience with video,
animation and motion design, and most importantly user interface design.
You are capable of solving difficult UI and interaction problems, not
just designing chrome. You have experience with and understand the
software development process. You feel comfortable presenting your work
in high profile settings, listening to, understanding and documenting
customer requirements. You are hardworking, self-disciplined, dedicated
and able to meet demanding timelines.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the business and creative goals of
* Concept, design and create solutions that meet project goals.
* Create functional Flash prototypes.
* Create detailed design specifications.
* Present work and communicate with clients and development teams
* Promote a collaborative, constructive environment for idea exploration
Knowledge & Skills:
* Minimum 4 years experience designing, creating, and producing software
and/or multimedia experiences.
* Minimum 2 years formal design training.
* Extensive Flash design experience.
* Experience with Flex or at minimum an understanding of Flex's
* Application UI design experience.
* Intermediate to expert ActionScripting experience.
* Exceptional visual design portfolio showcasing broad range of styles.
* Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight
* Strong work ethic; self-motivated and detail oriented.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand,
sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working
environment is well known including seven consecutive years on FORTUNE
magazine100 Best Companies to Work For and other, similar accolades. By
hiring the very best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply
better place to work creating a dynamic environment today and providing
incentives for future achievement. Adobe is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace.