JOB - Online User Experience Project Manager for Vodafone Group in Düsseldorf, Germany (permanent/full-time)
7 May 2007 - 1:17pm
8 years ago
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Online User Experience Project Manager for Vodafone Group in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Working as part of Vodafone Global Marketing User Experience, in the Online UE & Design team, this role manages the delivery of design, implementation and validation of the experience of the online presence for the Group, managed by the Vodafone Online Programme. Articulating UE design strategy and guard design performance on behalf of GM UE, with a specific focus on operational excellence, providing thought leadership and quality direction for UE related matters within the Vodafone Online Programme.
Responsibilities of the Online User Experience Project Manager
· Provide and monitor detailed scope definition of all activities.
· Work within allocated budgets and spending plans.
· Manage external resources as appropriate to deliver results.
· Institute, maintain and operate process checkpoints across all activities in order to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the work.
· Ensure stakeholders are identified for all activities and that their needs are understood and applied.
· Provide regular feedback to stakeholders on the status of work, demonstrating how their needs are being addressed and managing expectations as appropriate.
· Provide regular management information and status reports to the Vodafone Online Programme and Senior UE Manager.
· Articulate and guard the UE design strategy for online .
· Encourage user-centric thinking and practices.
· Ensure design performance according to KPIs
· Build and foster relationships with other teams in Vodafone that carry out work related to, or including, the scope of appointed activity areas.
* Track programmes and projects related to the scope of appointed activity areas.
* Provide appropriate support and advice, in terms of UE expertise, to these other teams.
* Encourage user-centric thinking and practices across terminal UE related activities in Vodafone.
* Encourage innovative approaches on programmes in order to achieve higher quality output.
* Identify relevant best practice and innovative approaches - within the team, within Vodafone, and in external organisations.
* Communicate best practice and other innovations within the UE Online & Design team and to other interested teams/stakeholders in Vodafone
* Support coaching of individuals assigned to the UE Online & Design team to achieve programme, team and personal performance objectives
* Provide input into resourcing decisions related to the UE Online & Design team in order to maximise skill utilisation and personal development objectives.
* Provide regular feedback to the Senior UE Manager relating to the performance and welfare of team members, and timely escalation as appropriate.
Qualifications/ Experience we are looking for:
· Major experience in a commercial consumer oriented web service development environment
· Sound proven skills and track record in project management.
· Some international experience and with exposure to human factors & usability elements of web development.
· Good knowledge of user centered design.
· Sensitive to business effects of UI decisions.
· Strong and consistent user focus, demonstrated through unfailingly putting the user and their needs ahead of features and technology.
· Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats.
· Strong ability to influence and lead thinking up to senior management levels.
· Proven ability to drive effective delivery in cross-functional projects in a fast-moving, high-technology environment working with both internal and external resources.
· Awareness to understand and respond to the organisational and cultural factors in working across an international group, allowing the candidate to earn respect and support from member countries.
· Technology grounding - sufficient high-level understanding to allow undaunted and informed assessment of likely technology and terminal impact on User Experience design
Degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent.
If the above role description matches your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your English CV online using the following link:
Vodafone Group Services GmbH
Mannesmannufer 2, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Amstgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 53554
Geschäftsführung: Helmut Hoffmann, Dr. Joachim Peters
This message and any files or documents attached are confidential and may also be legally privileged or protected by other legal rules. It is intended only for the individual or named. If you are not the named addressee or you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy or disclose it or its contents or use it for any purpose. Thank you. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free