JOB - User Experience Research Manager - Vodafone Group - London, UK - full-time/permanent
7 May 2007 - 9:46am
6 years ago
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced User Experience Research Manager for Vodafone Group in London, UK.
In this prestigious User Experience ( UE ) Research Manager role with Vodafone, you will coordinate all aspects of UE research activity, ensuring appropriate consolidation, synthesis, reporting and sharing of UE research alongside other relevant research from within Vodafone Group, Operating Companies, third parties and related industries.
Responsibilities of the User Experience Research Manager
* Managing all UE research in its entirety; initial debrief, scope, commissioning, agency selection, budgets and contracts, involving UE members and other teams as appropriate
* Communicating findings and lessons learnt
* Managing all issues and risks across projects with timely escalation and suggestions of options
* Understanding individual and collective needs of UE team members and key stakeholders
* Creating a long term roadmap to give visibility of longer term planning
* Implementing standard reporting and tracking mechanisms for KPIs and stakeholder needs and managing budgets
* Integrating UE research with planning functions, ensuring a complimentary relationship
* Acting as the initial point of contact for all enquiries around UE planning
* Cross fertilisation of ideas - creating a central pool for research information and best practice from research work or the wider Vodafone community
* Recommending improvements to the quality of sources of information from external sources or the Vodafone research community
* Using existing research to answer new research questions
Qualifications/ Experience Requirements :
* Formal training and experience in the full range of user research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative - including focus groups, interviews, questionnaires, usability testing, walk-throughs, card-sorting, etc. To include both personally running/ moderating these activities and managing others in running/ moderating. Also experience in data analysis and statistics.
* Research experience in a commercial product or service development environment, ideally from consumer-oriented products, with some international experience
* Skills and experience in structuring working processes, establishing and following project plans, setting milestones, etc.
* Proven track record in management of user experience research in both physical devices and screen based user interfaces
* Proven ability to drive effective delivery in cross-functional projects in a fast-moving, high-technology environment working with both internal and external resources
* Awareness to understand and respond to the organisational and cultural factors in working across an international group, allowing the candidate to earn respect and support from member countries
* Knowledge and experience of statistical analysis and techniques
* Experience in segmented market analysis
What we will be looking for in you:
Able to analyse and distil large amounts of data, and present research analysis of information to senior management, as a User Experience Research Manager for Vodafone you will have excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats and a proven track record in project management. You will also be able to provide consistent user focus, demonstrated through unfailingly putting the user and their needs ahead of features and technology.
If the above role description matches your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your English CV online using the following link:
Vodafone Group Services GmbH
Mannesmannufer 2, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Amstgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 53554
Geschäftsführung: Helmut Hoffmann, Dr. Joachim Peters
This message and any files or documents attached are confidential and may also be legally privileged or protected by other legal rules. It is intended only for the individual or named. If you are not the named addressee or you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy or disclose it or its contents or use it for any purpose. Thank you. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free