JOB: Interaction Designer - opportunity at a small design studio
26 Apr 2007 - 6:18pm
DesignMap, Inc. is looking for a very talented and motivated
interaction designer for help on a range of projects.
We are specifically looking for designers with a Graphic Design or
Interactive Design degree, or equivalent work experience. You must be
able to display typographic and layout skills, we are firm believers
in having fundamental design skills, no amount of reading blogs,
attending conferences, or passion for webdotwo-ness can replace that.
DesignMap Inc. is a small but growing design studio with each
principle having over 9 years of continuous and direct experience in
web-based design. We have fantastic clients, from Fortune 50 to fully
funded startups. Our goal is to provide a very high level of design
expertise, cost-effectively for our clients. We consciously avoid the
pitfalls of a large interactive agency, but employ similar user-
centered design methods and process.
We are looking to find designers that will want to help grow the
studio and be a critical part on our team for the foreseeable future.
We have renovated and opened a great design studio right downtown,
half a block from the New Montgomery BART/Muni stop. Very convenient
location for both commuters or city-based people.
- Follow a user-centered methodology and approach
- Design and execute wireframes
- Design and execute mockups
- Create specifications
- 2-4 years of direct experience designing both content websites
and web-based applications
- Expert at Photoshop and Illustrator
- Advanced at coding CSS/HTML
- Excellent at communicating design concepts
- Direct experience in the IT industry, ability to understand
complex business and technical requirements
- Ability to work in a close knit design team
- Ability to spot from 20 yards a pixel out of place on a mockup
- Innate balance of form and function
- Truly enjoy design, in all forms
Please review our site and portfolio of work: http:// www.DesignMap.com Provide a text/Word/PDF version of your resume and
samples of work. We would like to see a range of final deliverables
and interim deliverables created during the course a project.