Classmates Online, Inc., founded in 1995 and based in Renton, WA, is a leader in online community-based networking. The Company, a subsidiary of United Online, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNTD), operates Classmates.com (www.classmates.com <http://www.classmates.com/> ), which enables millions of members to find, connect and keep-in-touch with friends and acquaintances from school, work and the military. Classmates Online's subsidiaries include Classmates Advertising, Inc., Classmates International, Inc., Classmates Media, Inc., Klassträffen Sweden AB (www.klasstraffen.com <http://www.klasstraffen.com/> ) and StayFriends GmbH (www.stayfriends.de <http://www.stayfriends.de/> ). Classmates.com, Classmates, Klassträffen and StayFriends are trademarks of Classmates Online, Inc. or its subsidiaries.
We are looking for a talented and motivated designer to help bring new ideas to life by making them accessible and understandable at all levels of the organization. You will take initiative and draw from user experience best practices, brand, visual design, and interaction design to develop product ideas and concepts at the earliest stages. Typical assignments may involve mocking up and rapidly iterating on web page designs or prototyping in HTML for market testing.
The successful candidate will bring a reputation for creativity, originality and thought leadership to Classmates' strategic product development team. You aggressively respond to market and usability testing results to refine new product concepts into innovative and effective design solutions. You have excellent attention for detail and a knack for developing convincing solutions for challenging design problems.
The Job Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of web experience, including 3 to 5 years' direct experience as a User Interface Designer.
* In-depth knowledge and experience in interface design for dynamic consumer Web sites
* Demonstrated grasp of consumer branding, user-centered design, and usability principles
* Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries within a team environment
* Demonstrated proficiency with appropriate software tools and technology, such as Photoshop, Flash, DHTML, CSS, and HTML
* Strong written and verbal presentation skills
* Bachelor's degree in visual, Web, or information design is required
* An online portfolio is required