This is a brand new opening. If you are interested, or can recommend
someone, I'd love to hear from you.
COMPANY NAME: Intuit
JOB LOCATION: San Diego, California
JOB TITLE: Staff UI Designer # 62797
JOB DURATION: FTE
- Produce substantial design improvements across multiple, complex
products that meet ease of use and business metrics.
- Provide desktop and web application interface designs and/or design
consulting on teams from concept development through delivery.
- Define and design new products in new markets as well as incremental
re-work of current desktop and Internet-based products.
- Work closely with user researchers, product managers and other members
of the cross functional and cross BU teams to understand key user needs,
set ease of use goals, and iterate until those goals are met.
- Lead the design process, drive decisions, create schedules, and track
- Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your
designs - while working hand-in-hand with user researchers.
- Perform design reviews during various phases of the product
development to evaluate and iterate the designs.
- Teach out best design practices across Intuit, in conjunction with
other Experience Design specialists
- Provide proactive guidance and review on all designers' work with the
- Support senior team members and collaborate with peers to achieve
end-to-end quality in our customer experience
- Develop strong relationships with all cross functional teams and other
key organizational leaders
- Enjoy working closely with others, respectful of other perspectives,
open to feedback on designs
Qualifications : - Minimum BA/BS degree in Design, Human Factors,
Cognitive Psychology or related field
- 5+ years of experience in user interface design for software for the
desktop and the web.
- Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology in
creating desktop and internet applications
- Familiarity with one or more rapid prototyping tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong project management skills and be able to function as
project leader as well as individual contributor
- Proven track record of designing products/services that meet user