Due to the timeframe we need this in, I am re-posting. Again, if you know
someone, we'd really appreciate the lead.
We have an immediate need for an experienced technical writer to work
closely with our software engineering team to develop operations,
administration and installation guides for a suite of complex server
applications based on Microsoft technology. In addition, this person will
be responsible for developing customer training materials related to the
documentation and guides mentioned above. This is a contract position and
additional engagements may be offered based on quality and timeliness of
work. Candidate must have strong experience developing technical
documentation for complex datacenter-based server software systems. This is
not end-user desktop software documentation project.
* Develop technical documents that accurately describe the
installation, administration and operation for complex server software to be
deployed in a large enterprise data center.
* Work closely with Deployment Manager and Lead Software Developer to
identify and define the required documents.
* Develop associated training materials.
* Suggest improvement to existing deployment and configuration
In addition to solid writing skills, the right candidate for this position
will be required to have:
* Experience writing deployment/installation &
administration/operations procedures for complex server applications.
* Experience developing training materials for the above.
* Strong understanding of software terminologies, technologies and
concepts common to an enterprise-level web application.
* Strong understanding of common hardware and networking components
found in a complex web software architecture as well as a high level
understanding of common networking security issues.
* Strong understanding of disaster recovery, fail-over and application
* Strong understanding of configuration management options and
We would also prefer to work with a candidate who has:
* Past experience with Microsoft IIS web server applications running
on Windows NT, 2000, or 2003.
* Past experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or 2005.
* Experience conducting training sessions to a technical audience.
* Understanding of speech recognition technologies.
* Experience with call center and CTI technologies.
Relevant writing samples required along with resume. Compensation will be
determined based on candidate's level of experience.
SpeechCycle is a leading provider of automated agents for the cable and
communications industry for Triple Play technical support using speech
recognition technology. Our LevelOne automated agents interact with
callers over the phone to troubleshoot and resolve technical support
problems and answer other customer service inquiries.
SpeechCycle is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants only please.