I know there *must* be one talented interaction designer out there who
wants to relocate to beautiful, sunny San Diego :-)
Seriously, though, any recommendations you might have would be much
Relocation assistance is available for this role.
COMPANY NAME: Intuit
JOB LOCATION: San Diego, CA
JOB TITLE: Senior UI Designer
JOB DURATION: Full Time
Intuit's User-Centered Design group in San Diego creates innovative user
experiences that enable consumers and small businesses to file and
manage their taxes effectively. Intuit continues to innovate with new
product offerings while producing the industry leader in our space. Our
User Interface Designers work as embedded members of cross-functional
teams and have the following responsibilities:
- Have direct responsibility for the product user interface design and
execution of key design projects.
- Contribute as a full member of cross-functional teams to create
innovative user experiences for existing and new product offerings
- Solve customer problems through user experience designs based on
extensive user research data
- Create task analyses, use cases, mock-ups, user interaction models,
information architecture, wire frames, mock-ups and prototypes, design
briefs, design specs and guidelines, and screen flows with little
- Influence product teams and the organization to achieve the solution
that is right for our customers.
- Mentor less experienced team members
User Interface Designers on our team meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 4-6 years experience in user interface design for
software with experience in software applications for both desktop and
- An M.S. in Computer Science, Design, Human Factors, Psychology or
- Demonstrated skill for prototyping user interface designs.
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UI design
guidelines, templates, and standards.
- Proven effectiveness working within cross-functional teams to include
engineering, product management, and marketing as well as visual design
and user research.
- Demonstrated experience in the generative and conceptual phases of a
product life cycle as well as product design and development phases.
- Designing user experiences for consumer products is a plus.