Job: User Interface Designer/Intuit/Waltham, Massachusetts/FTE
7 Mar 2007 - 12:26am
This is a newly-created role based in Waltham, Massachusetts.
I would be delighted to chat with anyone who might be interested in our opening.
COMPANY NAME: Intuit
JOB LOCATION: Waltham, Massachusetts
JOB TITLE: UI Designer (62636)
JOB DURATION: Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a User Interface Designer to join a cross-functional team within the QuickBooks Merchant Service group. The team's mission is to deliver best-in-class payment solutions and
champion customer driven innovation within the group.
As a full member of the team, the successful candidate will be
responsible for helping to generate and visualize concepts by building
static and interactive prototypes, and will be expected to contribute to all phases of the team's work, including idea generation,
conceptualization, evaluations with prospective customers and,
ultimately, a user interface specification.
* Provide interface designs and/or design consulting on product teams
from concept development through delivery.
* Define and design new products in new markets as well as incremental
re-work of current desktop and Internet-based products.
* Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team, including Product
Management, Engineering, Marketing, Support, QA, and Documentation.
* Understand the business use of the applications and the associated
process flow in order to provide efficient designs.
* Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your
* Perform design reviews and organize usability testing during various
phases of product development to evaluate and iterate the designs.
* Minimum BA/BS degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction,
Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology or related field, or equivalent
* 3-5 years experience in user interface design for software and/or
* Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology.
* Some direct Internet-related design experience including the design
and usability testing of web sites and web applications.
* Proficiency with design tools such as PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, Flash,
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have strong organizational and people management skills and be
able to lead projects from conception through implementation